Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

New Year, New Birdies

Article about: I'm starting this year as I mean to go on, collect as many different Polizei insignias as I can. So, off with a bang. Here are my first 5. First off This, on first glance may appear to be so

Default New Year, New Birdies

I'm starting this year as I mean to go on, collect as many different Polizei insignias as I can.

So, off with a bang. Here are my first 5.

First off

This, on first glance may appear to be some odd Fire Department eagle with a black swastika.

However, it is not so. Firstly, the backing material is black, not dark blue. Also, the eagle is Carmine Red, not pink. There is space left at the top of the eagle for a town/city name which would suggest quite an early manufacture.

This sleeve eagle then was introduced to be used by Austrian Gemeinde Polizei just after the Annexation and before the introduction of the M1936 uniform. It has the remains of stitching on it suggesting that it could have been uniform removed.

New Year, New Birdies New Year, New Birdies

Next up is a Fire Department eagle, and the difference in colour is obvious.

A nice early pre 1936 sleeve eagle (denoted by the 3 ribbons on the bottom of the wreath) for the Fire Department of Massenbach.

Now we have another well made pre 1936 insignia, this time for SchutzPolizei Recklinghausen on mottled cotton fabric

And lastly, these two are pair of Gemeinde Polizei sleeve eagles of differing designs. One is oval, the other circular in shape, both have been removed from tunics at some point. The backing material for the oval eagle is a very rough, wool type material whereas the other has a cotton backing.

Coming soon, some early Gendarmerie shoulderboards and a couple of officers cap eagles

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Year, New Birdies
    P
    Many

Great eagles Jamie!

Really like the Recklinghausen eagle
    Beauty...

Best regards,
    Lt. Col
    Ullergaard