Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Original Freiwillige Feuerwehr shoulder boards and collar tabs?

Article about: I am stuck in limbo here as as i think the tabs are ok, but i am not certain about the boards? Help is appreciated. Stig

Default Original Freiwillige Feuerwehr shoulder boards and collar tabs?

I am stuck in limbo here as as i think the tabs are ok, but i am not certain about the boards?
    Help is appreciated.
    Stig
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original Freiwillige Feuerwehr shoulder boards and collar tabs?   Original Freiwillige Feuerwehr shoulder boards and collar tabs?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original Freiwillige Feuerwehr shoulder boards and collar tabs?
    P
    Many

The tricky part is that such insignia has been worn by municipal fire departments all across Germany for 70+ years...They could be from the 1950s-60s as well...This is the first time I've seen a Black Border on such Tabs, btw...Either way, these shouldn't be priced very high, in my opinion...
    cheers, Glenn

Blank carmine collar patches with black piping were worn by members of the Freiwillige Feuerwehren [volunteer fire brigades] with the ranks of Feuerwehrmann up to and including Löschmeister until 1939 and by members of the Pflichtfeuerwehren [compulsory fire brigades] with the ranks of Anwärter up to and including Truppführer from 1940 until the end of the war.

The shoulder boards are for the rank of Oberbrandmeister of the Berufsfeuerwehr [professional fire department] or Freiwillige Feuerwehr [volunteer fire department] as used until 1939... that is, if they are from the Third Reich period:

As Glenn said, rank insignia of this style have been worn by German fire brigades for a long time and are still in use in several states, and I honestly wouldn't know how to date them.

Thanx gentlemen.
    Stig