Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Is it original Polizei Officer Visors Cap (schupo)?

Article about: Hello friends! Is it original schupo cap?chin cord and peak is it original?sweat-band is in poor condition... Regards W.

Default Is it original Polizei Officer Visors Cap (schupo)?

Hello friends!
    Is it original schupo cap?
    Is it original chin cord and peak?
    sweat-band is in bad condition...
    Regards
    W.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is it original Polizei Officer Visors Cap (schupo)?   Is it original Polizei Officer Visors Cap (schupo)?  

Is it original Polizei Officer Visors Cap (schupo)?   Is it original Polizei Officer Visors Cap (schupo)?  

Is it original Polizei Officer Visors Cap (schupo)?   Is it original Polizei Officer Visors Cap (schupo)?  

Is it original Polizei Officer Visors Cap (schupo)?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is it original Polizei Officer Visors Cap (schupo)?
    P
    Many

I do believe that the cap is original. It certainly displays it's age, and the construction and materials used look correct to me. Also the maker is a known period TR cap producer. I cannot confirm the polezi attribute however, i suspect it may be? But the green pipe color is tricky, as it looks like alot the color used on some heer caps close to administrative I think? If it is a polezi cap it looks like at some point it was re badged, as there are two holes above the cap band and what looks like the faint outline where an Adler used to be? Hopefully someone else will chime in on the pipe colors and provide a definitive answer? Best regards.

Brian

Quote by bsiwula1 View Post
    Also the maker is a known period TR cap producer. I cannot confirm the polezi attribute however, i suspect it may be? But the green pipe color is tricky, as it looks like alot the color used on some heer caps close to administrative I think? If it is a polezi cap it looks like at some point it was re badged, as there are two holes above the cap band and what looks like the faint outline where an Adler used to be? Hopefully someone else will chime in on the pipe colors and provide a definitive answer? Best regards.

I cannot comment on the authenticity of the cap, but it is definitely police (Schutzpolizei, more specifically), not Heeresverwaltung.

• Cap body color: Police = mottled green, army = field grey.
    • Cap band color: Schupo = dark brown, army = dark bluish-green.
    • Branch color: Schupo = bright green ("toxic green"), army officials = dark green.

Also... No offense, Brian, but it's "Polizei" not "polezi".

Cap is real, and a rare maker.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

None taken Andreas. As always a welcome pleasure to have your input added. And thanks for the clarification. Best regards.

Brian

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    it is definitely police
    You are right! the cap has brown headband