Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Police Cap Badges

Article about: Guys, I would like to show this group acquired from a local veteran. He told me he trimmed one badge because he liked the look of the German eagles. Best, Hal

Hal
    ?

Default Police Cap Badges

Guys, I would like to show this group acquired from a local veteran. He told me he trimmed one badge because he liked the look of the German eagles. Best, Hal
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Police Cap Badges   Police Cap Badges  

Police Cap Badges   Police Cap Badges  

Police Cap Badges  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Police Cap Badges
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Police Cap Badges

Hi Hal,
    great find, and from the vet, even better.
    i am curious about the top 2. i know they are the first type, and i have one. i dont see a maker on yours or mine, but all 3 are slightly different. any idea how many companies made these ?
    andrew

Hal
    ?

Hi Andrew, I've had a few other 'first type' cap eagles in the past; none were marked. Regards, Hal

There's more Unmarked police-eagles than marked one, at least Iam talking about my knowledge. Some of those egales above were also used for Firefighters. Here's some of mine.None of them are maker marked:CupAL, Alu, zink
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Police Cap Badges   Police Cap Badges  

Impressive collections guys
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Hi Hal,
    thanks for the responce. i was interested if any one knew how many different companies made them. and i'm interested in the variations. i'll add mine because its slightly different from the other ones.
    mine has great fine detail. my camera is not the best. but i think its clear enough. mine is closer in style to the first set, pic on the left, eagles features are similar. but mine has what looks to be rivit mounts on the back behind the wing.
    i just think its interesting to show variations of original items.
    andrew

Hal
    ?

Thanks Carlsson for showing your fine examples. Andrew, yours is the first I,ve seen with the rivet construction. Thanks everyone for your comments. Best, Hal

?

glad i could add something different to consider.
    it just amazes me, with all the slight variations in things.
    andrew

I don't think there were a lot of variations on the first pattern, but to say how many companies made those items is impossible, also for a lot of other militaria.
    Your's is a two construction piece.

I was going to say the same as Hal. I have never seen a two piece construction like Andrew's. I'm no expert, but if Andrews is a police piece, it must be very early. Great stuff guys!

Jay