Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Police Eagles - Opinions please.

Article about: Thanks Ade, now what does that mean? Tom

Default Re: Police Eagles - Opinions please.

Are you sure that's black? Looks to me to be just a dirty summer weight or canvas eagle. The panzer police eagles were all the cloth "standard" version. Later they made them in BeVo too, but not in this material.

-Martin

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Police Eagles - Opinions please.
    P
    Many

Hi Martin, you may be right. I'll go back and take the thing outside to take photos. What you see of it, what do you think?
    Tom

Quote by StuG III View Post
    Hi Martin, you may be right. I'll go back and take the thing outside to take photos. What you see of it, what do you think?
    Tom
    Original. Canvas. Missing border because it was tunic removed. Also explains the missing wing. Probably dirty because it was POW/Corpse removed?

Not worth a lot. Only buy it if its dirt cheap. Otherwise, get a nice canvas one for not a lot of money. I only paid $65 for each of mine in green (Schutzpolizei) and orange (Gendarmerie).

I'm curious to see the "outside" picture. I might change my mind. Is this eagle available with the others you showed earlier or somewhere else? The backing is quite strange to me as well. Get a good outside pic of that as well.

-Martin

Talking Re: Police Eagles - Opinions please.

Martin, I'll try and get some tomorrow. This is from a different source. Have gotten a lot of good items from this guy before.
    BTW, it's a fraction of the price you stated.

Tom

Quote by StuG III View Post
    BTW, it's a fraction of the price you stated.
    Well what I'm saying is that it should be! How much is he asking? I often buy sleeve eagles with district names no matter how bad the shape. I have a few that are over 50% moth-ed. But as long as the eagle and name are there I still buy them. However, I pay very little for them.

Martin, specially went back today and took these photos on the hood of my vehicle. I see that the backing material is very strange looking. I thought it black, but was obviously wrong. Amazing what you can see in daylight.
    Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Police Eagles - Opinions please.   Police Eagles - Opinions please.  

Police Eagles - Opinions please.  

Well, maybe you have stumped me?!

I'm still convinced that the eagle looks good. The backing material looks like the right material. But I agree with you that the color is wierd. Also, the white backing on the reverse makes me wonder. I wouldn't wonder if it was an officer eagle, but why the backing on an enlisted eagle, I don't know. If its cheap, why not buy it just to have a wierd one!

-Martin

Thanks Martin, I may just do that. As long as you think it's good, that's fine by me.
    Tom

Martin, I saw this one on Germanmilitaria.com and as you can see that clothing material on which this eagle is attached looks similar to the backing on "my" eagle.
    Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Police Eagles - Opinions please.  

Hi Tom, this material is known as greunmeliert .

Cheers, Ade.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast