Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Police HBT Tunic

Article about: Hello gentlemen, Here is an item that has been offered to me. It appears to be a police HBT tunic. I am hoping the experts will chime in and let me know what you think. Thanks in advance! An

?

Default Police HBT Tunic

Hello gentlemen,

Here is an item that has been offered to me. It appears to be a police HBT tunic. I am hoping the experts will chime in and let me know what you think. Thanks in advance!
    Anzel
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Police HBT Tunic   Police HBT Tunic  

Police HBT Tunic   Police HBT Tunic  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Police HBT Tunic
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Can't help unfortunately but I hope it's real. I've been REALLY wanting a Heer HBT tunic for years. Just never found one yet locally :-(
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I think the insignia was added recently.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

my thoughts to.

?

I wasn't aware that officers wore drill tunics.

?

Hey guys, thanks for your opinions. Did not want to taint anyone's opinion with mine. First off the shoulders boards looked replaced and incorrect. The pictures were not good to tell if police insignia was reapplied but most likely since shoulder boards were. What do you say about originality of tunic itself minus the insignia? Thinking I'm going to pass on it but curious about it nonetheless.
    Thanks,
    Anzel

The tunic itself appears good.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thanks Adrian. Do you mind me asking what to look for on these?

This pattern of HBT has never been popular with the fakers. Mainly due to the fact these tunics have never been that popular with collectors due to the bland appearance, no breast pockets and insignia was not worn much either. It is only in the past few years that this pattern has been made for re-enactors, and most of these are the earlier un-dyed off white coloured versions.

The weave is one of the best indications of originality. Have a look at other HBT tunics on the forum.

Cheers, Ade.

I believe it to be an original Army/Heer HBT fatigue tunic badged up with a SchuPo ORs' sleeve eagle and an inconsistent pair of captain's shoulder cords hastily sewn in the sleeve seams.
    MP