Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Police use of Steyr Mannlicher Carbines?

Article about: Hello all, I have looked in other forums for a solid answer, but never got any satisfaction. I've been impressed with the knowledge base here, so I'll give it a try. Does anyone know if ex-A

?

Default Police use of Steyr Mannlicher Carbines?

Hello all, I have looked in other forums for a solid answer, but never got any satisfaction. I've been impressed with the knowledge base here, so I'll give it a try. Does anyone know if ex-Austrian Steyr rifles, speciffically the M95/30 was truly issued to Police units. I've heard most went to Bulgaria, but other sources say they were issued to police units too. Does anyone have an opinion?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Police use of Steyr Mannlicher Carbines?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Police use of Steyr Mannlicher Carbines?

Everything went everywhere. French helmets and tanks went to Croatia, Austrian rifles also went to Hungry I'm told. Anything that could be used for combat was reused. The Third Reich was not as picky as people assumed.

IF police units were issues the rifles, it was Eastern Front in Partisan areas. So my guess would be Croatia/Bosnia/Serbia/Greece. Why ship them further? There were local and ethnic German Police units in all those areas.

-Martin

?

Default Re: Police use of Steyr Mannlicher Carbines?

Thanks Martin!