Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Polizei shoulderboards

Article about: Yes I have personally owned Vet boards and tabs. No they were not part of the ASPCA. I had actually asked about this in an earlier thread. http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/deutsc...e-eagle-1789

Default Re: Polizei shoulderboards

Yes I have personally owned Vet boards and tabs. No they were not part of the ASPCA. I had actually asked about this in an earlier thread.

HELP! Police Veterinarian Sleeve Eagle?

I had a set of Veterinary Shoulder Boards and Matching collar tabs. After some debate on the forum it was determined that the eagle color would either be gray/white (admin) or the same color as the group the Vet was attached to. So for instance, if you look at the cover of Angolia's police book you see a City Police NCO riding a horse. The Vet for that horse would wear a city police eagle (green).

I checked my "sold" file and unfortunetly I could not find a picture of them!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Polizei shoulderboards
    P
    Many

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    That makes sense. I suppose the Nazis weren't too concerned about animal cruelty. lol
    Why not? After all, their boss loved dogs!

Joking aside: You will be surprised to hear that the first ever German law for animal protection was a product of the Third Reich: The Reichstierschutzgesetz was passed on 24 Nov. 1933; prior to that, only a few animal welfare-related offenses were part of the Penal Code.

In practice, of course, animal rights often to a backseat to economic concerns in the Third Reich era.

For more, see: Animal welfare in Nazi Germany - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    That makes sense. I suppose the Nazis weren't too concerned about animal cruelty. lol
    Actually, the Nazis were one of the first to pass animal cruelty laws. Here is a list from listverse called, "ten things the Nazis got right".

Top 10 Things The Nazis Got Right

Damn you HPL and your fast running internet! BEATING me to the punch!

Thanks for the info, guys.

Animal rights, rocket science, and the autobahn... is there anything else of interest that the Third Reich contributed to society? Of course nobody likes a Nazi, but it is interesting studying the few helpful things that they actually accomplished.

Whoops, just saw your link. Cool stuff in there! Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2