Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Proper ID for police patch needed

Article about: Hi All, I picked this patch up the other day, I have seen it described several ways, I was hoping someone could clear it up for me, is it Municiple police? Luftshutz police?? The police patc

Default Proper ID for police patch needed

Hi All,
    I picked this patch up the other day, I have seen it described several ways, I was hoping someone could clear it up for me, is it Municiple police? Luftshutz police?? The police patches are usually oval shaped around the entire eagle from the period photos I have seen, and this is just the eagle to be sewn on as is, I assume, thanks for any help!
    Proper ID for police patch neededProper ID for police patch needed

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Proper ID for police patch needed
    P
    Many

Default Re: Proper ID for police patch needed

Luftschutz polizei. Looks legit, later (43) war construction.

Thanks, so many variants I cant keep track, I wanted a municipal police patch, but I guess this will have to do for now, close enough!

Quote by maximus71 View Post
    I wanted a municipal police patch, but I guess this will have to do for now, close enough!
    You mean you want a CITY police patch, right? Municipal is wine red but was phased out. I assume you want one of the generic ones without a district name? Because once you start collecting district names its all over for you. I know, because its all over for me!

If you want a good eagle, here are some for $60

German Militaria Collectables Local

I think the one in the upper right corner is a really cool early war one. Good example piece!

Martin, a quick question from the uninitiated, I thought the green eagle was Schutzpolizei? What makes this Luftschutz, the backing material colour?

Tom

Yes I wanted a green city patch, as opposed to the orange rural one, just something to match up with my tschako, how was luftshutz police different? where they civilians? either way I will keep it because it only cost me 40 and I have a luftshutz helmet also

Quote by StuG III View Post
    Martin, a quick question from the uninitiated, I thought the green eagle was Schutzpolizei? What makes this Luftschutz, the backing material colour?
    For "the uninitiated" you are right on the money! It is the backing color! Its Luftwaffe gray.

Quote by maximus71 View Post
    how was luftshutz police different? where they civilians?
    Well was ANYONE a civilian in WW2 Germany? They were involved in not just the anti-aircraft activities, but were also Air Raid Wardens. As a result they got some police powers. There is a lot of gray area as I have been reading it (get the pun?) as to how their role differed from regular police in the same district as them. Mostly their role, responsibility, and powers rested in combating bombing runs and minimizing losses from them. So they would have to "direct" civilians.

Quote by martinsuper View Post
    For "the uninitiated" you are right on the money! It is the backing color! Its Luftwaffe gray.
    Thanks Martin.

Tom

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast