Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Questions regarding Police Tunic & Visor set...

Article about: Hat is definately 100% original. With regard to eagles, there are actually more 1-piece officer eagles in circulation than 2-piece. The eagle you post above is actually a true officers 1-pie

?

Default Questions regarding Police Tunic & Visor set...

Hi all,

I just received this nice Police tunic and visor from a gentleman who found it stored away in a cabinet of a home. It is missing the sleeve patch, you can see the outline of it in one of the photos below. The cap is missing the insignia as well.

The questions I have are...

• What is the rank of this tunic?
    • What is the proper term for this tunic (e.g. "Rural Gendarmerie...")?
    • Based on the placement of the loops, what would some of the more likely medals be that this soldier would have worn on the left breast pocket so I can replace them?
    • Would you typically see an armband on this tunic? It was with the tunic when found so I can only assume its original to it.
    • Regarding the cap, what would be the proper eagle insignia for this particulat cap? You can see a partial outline of the original insignia in one of the photos below.

Thanks!
    Dzyner

I collect WWII German Uniforms.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Questions regarding Police Tunic & Visor set...
    P
    Many

Default Re: Questions regarding Police Tunic & Visor set...

Hi Darren, the armband is not related at all to the tunic.

Rank is Major.

Cap badge would be the standard Police eagle.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thanks Ade!

I have the following cap badge, which I believe is a standard Police eagle, but the wings on my badge do not match up to what I believe is the faint indentation on the cap's band of the wings of the original badge (see photo below). The pins line up perfectly though (although one of my pins broke off)...

Questions regarding Police Tunic & Visor set...Questions regarding Police Tunic & Visor set...Questions regarding Police Tunic & Visor set...

Hi Darren, the badge is the right style. The slight differences I think are just down to makers variations, enlisted vs officers eagles.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

The branch is Schutzpolizei (city).

If I were you I would use the eagle you got until you can find a nice two piece construction officer eagle. With the amount of loops this guy has on the uniform I think he was rather "busy".

Nice piece.

-Martin

?

WOW! looks great

That is a nice tunic and visor set. I am guessing that my police officers shacko would compliment the set very well
    You would only need the belt and breeches for a great display.

?

Thanks for the great feedback guys! Any idea where I might find the correct sleeve patch and some period thread to stitch it back on?

Hi

The cap you have is an Erel (robert lubstein of berlin) and the black hole in the cap band is for the air vent system that this company had a patent for.

I would speculate that the reason the pins on your eagle don't match the ones in the cap band is because that this eagle is a one piece casting used for other ranks. The officer version is a two piece with the eagle set on the wreath to make it more prominent. I would think that the major may well have gone for that and this is why the pins and holes don't match.

Just a thought but I hope it helps.

Nice set by the way...great find.

cheers

tony

Quote by spandau View Post
    I would speculate that the reason the pins on your eagle don't match the ones in the cap band is because that this eagle is a one piece casting used for other ranks. The officer version is a two piece with the eagle set on the wreath to make it more prominent. I would think that the major may well have gone for that and this is why the pins and holes don't match.
    SOME officers had the two piece construction but not all. Original photos show Meisters and Officers (with cords) wearing the one piece eagle in many instances. I think it was more common in higher officer ranks. I would agree that a major would probably have one.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast