Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Unknown Eagle

Article about: Hello Thanks for any help. This eagle is marked RZM 63. The wings spread is 62mm and the wreath is 61 mm vertical. The RZM means some political organization. Thanks Kirby

?

Default Unknown Eagle

Hello Thanks for any help. This eagle is marked RZM 63. The wings spread is 62mm and the wreath is 61 mm vertical. The RZM means some political organization. Thanks Kirby
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unknown   Eagle   Unknown   Eagle  

Unknown   Eagle   Unknown   Eagle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unknown   Eagle
    P
    Many

Default Re: Unknown Eagle

I think this is a fantasy item.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

?

The item is original. I posted it on another forum and never got an answer to what it is. I have had several offers to buy it and everyone I have shown it to liked it.

I like it also Kirby, although what it is or was - heavens knows !

Those pins suggest "attachment" do you not think ?

Regards,

David

Though it has the shape I do not think it's a police eagle. I would guess something political?

?

A friend picked this up from a vets family. The items included a supreme Justice officials collar tab Rare NSDAP Collar Tab - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums This eagle might be Justice related.

Quote by kirby View Post
    A friend picked this up from a vets family. The items included a supreme Justice officials collar tab Rare NSDAP Collar Tab - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums This eagle might be Justice related.
    This was my first thought, but I have never seen one like this before.
    Let's see what the experts have to say..............
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    This was my first thought, but I have never seen one like this before.
    Let's see what the experts have to say..............
    While I don't claim to an expert in this field, it is certain that this is not justice-related.

The wreathed eagle on the Supreme Party Judge's collar patch posted over on the WAF was the Reichsleiter rank device of the period. What distinguishes this collar patch from those for the other Reichsleiter and identifies it as being for the Oberste Richter der Partei is not that rank device, but the dark blue color. Furthermore, please notice that the Reichsleiter eagle was surrounded by a laurel wreath, while the one above has a wreath of oakleaves.

?

I think, IF it's original, could be wery early. Evidences: Straght winged bird, rigid shape, unusual wsastika & ornaments arund it. The oak leaves nor the usual patterns. I think it's a very early - probably political - item, from those years, when the symbolism and forms of the 3rd Reich was not fix yet.