MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Unusual Specialty Diamond---Police?

Article about: I got a number of items liberated from Bad Toelz. The cloth diamonds and the BL lapel devises were part of that haul. The diamonds indicate administration, are for an officer, but are not SS

CBH
    ?

This was also in Cloth Insignia of the SS relating to this type of badge ... Officers in administrative service . Introduced Feb. 1938 . Recipients had to be either graduates of the Administrative School or had competed five years of service in SS administration by 1 April 1939 . I don't know if this is helpful but I thought I should share it anyhow .

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unusual Specialty Diamond---Police?
    P
    Many

You can find the exact dates with the announcement (post 12), as also the directives, which are included.
    I have no time to translate the entire announcement.
    The same text for the announcement was also briefly included in a letter from the Reichsführer-SS
    from December 21, 1937 along with what was said about it by the chief of the Verwaltung-SS from
    December 21, 1937.

The date April 1, 1939 is not mentioned, but maybe this was done in a later letter. The person who
    might be able to help here is without any doubt d'Alquen!! But still we have neither an answer about
    the diamond in field-grey......

Yes, the April 1939 date was included in a 1939 order from from Pohl which I don't have in front of me at the moment. I will find it and post it as my memory leads me to believe it lists all the criteria for the wearing of this badge.

Here is the document in question:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unusual Specialty Diamond---Police?  

Great, thanks for showing!
    I am sure we will find out one day about the field-grey diamond,
    to be genuine or not!
    Last edited by Wilhelm Saris; 09-02-2015 at 09:08 PM.

Many thanks, as always, to d'alquen for providing us with period documentation from his seemingly inexhaustible archive... And here is the translation:

"The Reichsführer-SS
    The Head of the Administration and Economy
    Main Office

Ch.Po./Bi.

Berlin W 50,
    Geisbergstraße 21

29th August 1939

Re: Specialty badges for SS officers
    of the administrative service

Distribution list: IVa.

The specialty badge for SS officers of the administrative service is bestowed by the
    Reichsführer-SS (Head of the Administration and Economy Main Office) with a certificate.

Bestowal is undertaken ex officio (i.e. not upon application) on:

1.) all SS members who have successfully attended the SS Administrative School and have attained qualification as an SS officer of the administrative service;

2.) all SS officers of the administrative service who had been employed in SS administration for a full five years as of 1st April 1939 without meeting the criteria listed under 1.);

3.) all SS officers of the administrative service who had been members of the SS administration in this capacity for at least 2 years as of 1st April 1939 and who had been employed in army- or civilian administration for at least five continuous years prior to their joining the SS;

4.) all proven SS officers of the administrative service who had been with the SS as construction experts for at least 2 years as of 1 April 1939 and who can provide proof of a completed vocational training or who, by their special skills, are entitled to be classed with those;

5.) proven SS officers of the administrative service who had joined the SS as
    Assessoren* and who have been employed on a full-time basis in the SS administration for at least 2 years;

6.) proven SS officers of the administrative service who were appointed as such by the Head of the SS Administration and Economy Main Office on the basis of special achievements or duty positions (as head of an office, head of a main department, head of a department) without meeting the criteria of no. 1 through 5.

The Head of the SS Administration and Economy Main Office

signed Pohl

SS-Gruppenführer

For the accuracy:

[signed]

SS-Sturmbannführer and
    Head of Department P
    "

*) Assessor is the title held by certain academics and/or officials who have successfully passed the second state examination in their field or, respectively, the examinations for the high-grade career in civil service.

Great job HPL2008. It is pretty much appreciated!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3