Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

V e r b o d e n !

Article about: The Dutch police were required to place these signs all over, including: theaters, parks, cafes, swimming pools, stores, schools, etc.. Annoyed from this ads?  

Default V e r b o d e n !

The Dutch police were required to place these signs all over, including: theaters, parks, cafes, swimming pools, stores, schools, etc..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture V e r b o d e n !   V e r b o d e n !  

V e r b o d e n !   V e r b o d e n !  

V e r b o d e n !  
    Attached Images Attached Images V e r b o d e n !  V e r b o d e n !  V e r b o d e n !  V e r b o d e n !  V e r b o d e n ! 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement V e r b o d e n !
    P
    Many

Original sign from my collection. This was a US Vet. bring back.

Marcus

V e r b o d e n !V e r b o d e n !V e r b o d e n !V e r b o d e n !V e r b o d e n !

?

Interesting item from a dark time in Holland.

I always have mixed feeling seeing these signs..They are abhorrent to see,but they must be seen so as we never repeat such things.

An important historical item. Thanks for showing it.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I agree with Adrian.

Totally agree with Adrian too --- thanks for posting!

I know these are not the most popular items, but they MUST be saved for future generations. I can't imagine how the Jewish people must have felt when these first went up, basically being barred from every segment of society. There were many Dutch citizens who disregarded the status quo and helped the Jews obtain food and later hide them in their homes, Cory Ten Boom comes to mind.

What is really sad is that people in the Southern part of the US had to tolerate this type of discrimination well into the early 1960's. IMO things have really changed.

To our Dutch members here, please take no offense, your country was MADE to do these things by the German Government with only a small minority in agreement.

Thank you all for your friendly input, I couldn't agree more.

Marcus