Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

WWII German Army Police Gorget for review...Opinions Please??

Article about: Hello gents...I am being offered this Gorget and I know nothing about them. Here are some pictures and I am sorry they are not better quality but all I had at the time was my phone. He is as

Default Re: WWII German Army Police Gorget for review...Opinions Please??

Quote by mpw View Post
    What a lovely item. Super shot of it glowing in the dark too. Just a word of warning though....

The luminous paint used up until the 1960's was based on Radium, which is highly radioactive. It is often found on compasses from WW1 and WW2. The Radium will remain lethal for up to fifteen thousand years and must not be ingested or inhaled as fine dust particles.

Regards, Mark.
    Thanks for the info Mark! I just found a ton of stories about Radium Paint...this is going into a sealed case for sure.

Devin

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WWII German Army Police Gorget for review...Opinions Please??
    P
    Many

Default Re: WWII German Army Police Gorget for review...Opinions Please??

Quote by Krikke1980 View Post
    Here is my gorget with the same markings to compare. Nice gorget you've found!!!

Attachment 457039Attachment 457038Attachment 457040Attachment 457041Attachment 457042Attachment 457043
    Thank you for the photos...looks just like mine! Can you post a close up of the eagle please? Thank you!

Devin

I have brought a WWII Hungarian Army Military Police Gorget looks original and glows in the dark how can I post pictures -- new to this site

Quote by Broscoe View Post
    I have brought a WWII Hungarian Army Military Police Gorget looks original and glows in the dark how can I post pictures -- new to this site
    Hello and welcome to the forum!
    The first 4 or 5 posts in this thread will give you the information that you need to be able to post photos.
    New picture posting feature - How to guide !
    Please be sure to post in the correct section.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3