Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

WWII German Army Police Gorget for review...Opinions Please??

Article about: Hello gents...I am being offered this Gorget and I know nothing about them. Here are some pictures and I am sorry they are not better quality but all I had at the time was my phone. He is as

Default Re: WWII German Army Police Gorget for review...Opinions Please??

I know nothing of these, but I do have a question- would it still glow if it where original?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WWII German Army Police Gorget for review...Opinions Please??
    P
    Many

Yes. If original it would glow.

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    Yes. If original it would glow.
    Really wow, then that's some super luminous paint after 70 odd years!!!!

Really!!! I know I've seen known original which still have a "glow". I'm sure others will concur.

Yes...the wartime Radium paint will, indeed, still glow rather strongly-even all these years after. The gorget is a beauty-it almost looks unissued-and is worth Well over the $200 asking price. 2 words of advice....BUY IT!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by devincu View Post
    Redcap thank you I was hoping that it was a good Gorget and I was told is was worn by the SS police but I am still learning German militaria so this is very useful info. I purchased it anyway so now it is in my collection. I will post better photos.
    Yes, like many pieces of Wehrmacht kit, the gorget was also used by Feldgendarmerie units of the Waffen-SS who only perfromed a limited function and represented only a miniscule proportion of the total numbers of Feldgendarmerie, the overwhelming number of whom were in the Army.

Glad to hear you got the piece, bargain of the year at that price !

Well done!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Here is my gorget with the same markings to compare. Nice gorget you've found!!!

WWII German Army Police Gorget for review...Opinions Please??WWII German Army Police Gorget for review...Opinions Please??WWII German Army Police Gorget for review...Opinions Please??WWII German Army Police Gorget for review...Opinions Please??WWII German Army Police Gorget for review...Opinions Please??WWII German Army Police Gorget for review...Opinions Please??

Congrats my friend, you got a amazing deal. I was hoping it was original, but didn't want to go out on a limb and say so due to this being an object I don't collect and know little about. Congratulations again.

mpw
    ?

What a lovely item. Super shot of it glowing in the dark too. Just a word of warning though....

The luminous paint used up until the 1960's was based on Radium, which is highly radioactive. It is often found on compasses from WW1 and WW2. The Radium will remain lethal for up to fifteen thousand years and must not be ingested or inhaled as fine dust particles.

Regards, Mark.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast