Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Baltic Nivea Creme

Article about: Hello, I often have seen this Nivea Creme, made in Riga, Latvia. When was this creme made? Wartime, after war? Who used it Germans, Soviets, Latvians? Thx

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    If you want to know when the product was in this configuration, I would suggest sending a picture to there customer care dept and ask them.
    NIVEA website selection page

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Thanks will do.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Baltic Nivea Creme
    P
    Many

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    If you want to know when the product was in this configuration, I would suggest sending a picture to there customer care dept and ask them.
    NIVEA website selection page

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Whatever you do, don't mention the war......

Baltic Nivea Creme
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Whatever you do, don't mention the war......
    Thanks for the tip. I start my request with "Heil dear Sir or Madam..." and end it with "Ihre Ortskommandantur". This is typical for German letters...

Quote by RKKAFan View Post
    Thanks for the tip. I start my request with "Heil dear Sir or Madam..." and end it with "Ihre Ortskommandantur". This is typical for German letters...
    What I was alluding to was the total airbrushing out of the 1940's on the company website.

Beiersdorf

It must be vanishing cream. Lol.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I see battlefield dig videos on Youtube that show tubes of Nivea products being dug up regularly. It was certainly there, but to say any particular tube or can of the stuff was is going to be hard to prove. But, if you just want something wartime and don't care if it was in the field, that suggestion about contacting Nivea is sound.

German versions of this same product, as shown, were used extensively in WWII particularly by the German troops in the East with the severe cold weather conditions. Seeing as how the containers and their color schemes are almost identical, I would naturally assume that this Latvian jar of it was also war era. I don't believe that Nivea was Officially used by the Wehrmacht forces, but it Was privately purchased widely and used nonetheless.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Postwar "Nivea". Latvian company "Dzintars" was founded in 1951.

Riga Dzintars cosmetics factory was established in 1951 on the basis of previously nationalized cosmetic companies. In the postwar years Dzintars factory started to produce NIVEJA cream. Since 1955, he produced regularly and in large quantities. This NIVEJA trademark has been registered in the USSR in the pre-existing Soyuzpatent.

http://www.biznessmlm.ru/TOVARNYJJ_ZNAK_/Tovarnyjj_znak_Upakovka_Markirovka/Tovarnyjj_znak_NIVEA/

?

Here is a Norwegian Nivea tin,possibly wartime era

Baltic Nivea CremeBaltic Nivea CremeBaltic Nivea Creme
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Military-archeology-Legenda-Latvia/224779244335847

http://www.hobbyhistorica.com/

On the German Nivea Nr. 362 tins the price is written in DM = Deutsche-Mark. So the Norwegian tin is postwar I guess.

Baltic Nivea Creme

Baltic Nivea Creme

Baltic Nivea Creme

CBH
    ?

Quote by big ned View Post
    What I was alluding to was the total airbrushing out of the 1940's on the company website.

Beiersdorf

It must be vanishing cream. Lol.

I think Orwell called it " Double Think "

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast