Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Belt provenance?

Article about: I received this belt in the mail today and bought it under the description as an authentic RKKA piece but wanted to post it here for others to way in on. The belt is fully leather with a sin

Tushonka41
    ?

Default Belt provenance?

I received this belt in the mail today and bought it under the description as an authentic RKKA piece but wanted to post it here for others to way in on. The belt is fully leather with a single prong 6cm wide steel roller buckle backed by a separately sewn on leather piece. The attachment method is 3 sewn lines measuring 6cm in length and with what appears to be either a hemp or flax thread, it is not cotton. Belt measures 130cm long and 4cm wide, no markings or stamps other than the numbers "1544" stamped into the billet end of the belt. Not sure what the numbers indicate, I've posted pictures below with the best quality that I could.
    Any information is greatly appreciated.Belt provenance?Belt provenance?Belt provenance?Belt provenance?

-David Russ

2. # ADS

Hi Russ. I have no idea but you will find an answer here soon.
    Welcome to the forum.
    Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Tushonka41
    ?

Still seeking any possible information on this belt as to if it is Red Army issue.

-David Russ

Hello

Isn't it a bulgarian belt?

Bruno

Quote by Eric Zentner View Post
    Hi Russ. I have no idea but you will find an answer here soon.
    Welcome to the forum.
    Eric
    Wow I guess my soon reply has failed.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Better later than never as we say : )

Bruno

I must have missed this first time around.

The lather tab behind the buckle is not something I would expect to see on a RKKA enlisted man's belt.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Very similar to the WWI Austro-Hungarian leather belt for mounted troops (an later for infantry), called M.1908 or M.1915.

I have checked the Siro Offelli excellent book "Le armi e gli equipaggiamenti dell esercito austro-ungarico dal 1914 al 1918. Uniformi - Distintivi - Buffetterie. Volume primo" (bible of austro-hungarian uniform and equipment) - the same type is visible on page 208 (as M.1915).