Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Blockade made Army Belt buckle

Article about: Heres an interesting Leningrad variation (so i believe )belt buckle . I dont know if it was made for regular troops , Civil Defence or Opolcheniya . But you can see its camo painted. Its rar

Default Blockade made Army Belt buckle

Heres an interesting Leningrad variation (so i believe )belt buckle .
    I dont know if it was made for regular troops , Civil Defence or Opolcheniya . But you can see its camo painted. Its rare as i expect it was thrown away at earliest opportunity Its quite unnatractive !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Blockade made Army Belt buckle   Blockade made Army Belt buckle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Blockade made Army Belt buckle
    P
    Many

Default Re: Blockade made Army Belt buckle

This might also be some sort of harness buckle. For example, of the two known types of Soviet body armor... we really have no idea what the harness configurations and associated hardware really looked like. Not suggesting that this is what your item is, but it could be something other than a soldier's belt buckle. Intereseting.

Thanks Mike . Whilst its difficult to be 100% , So much wartime Red Army is under researched, i think this is generally acknowledged as a Siege made buckle . heres a photo of it in use in a small Artlliery museum publication on female military ,Osoviakhin etc .The dimensions of the buckle are similar to the plaque type in brass (6.5cm long ,5cm high)
    Now im going to try and find a wartime photo of it in my Leningrad book !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Blockade made Army Belt buckle   Blockade made Army Belt buckle  

Agreed, after another look at your buckle it is obvious that it uses a similar type of loop around configuration found on Soviet navy belt buckles, cadet buckles etc.

Its in steel too , i forgot to say . The other photo shows another steel buckle completely plain . Ive never encountered one .
    I would love to see /help , get a book made on Uniforms and artifacts relating to the Siege Of Leningrad. Its such an epic of endurance . I feel close to this City as i trained in art out there .