Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Dog tag ID capsule

Article about: i think this is the 1942 version and wanted to confirm. thank you

Default Dog tag ID capsule

i think this is the 1942 version and wanted to confirm. thank you

Dog tag ID capsuleDog tag ID capsule

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dog tag ID capsule
    P
    Many

I have seen these before and handled one. They are larger than the conventional ones. I don't know the answer to this and I too would like to know more? Have any been ground dug by our members?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I have seen these before and handled one. They are larger than the conventional ones. I don't know the answer to this and I too would like to know more? Have any been ground dug by our members?

Cheers, Ade.
    thank you, looks like someone has posted one of these here before with no conclusive results...

Are these Real? Russian WW2 ID holders/Tags

I think that the mystery of this item can be solved easily.
    The item showed on the photo is a Polish Peoples Army (Ludowe Wojsko Polskie) tube for ID card (dog tag container). Introduced after World War II was produced in two versions – one 65 mm long and other 71 mm long.
    No regulations concerning issuing and use of this item are known. However, this kind of capsule was used commonly by Polish soldiers (enlisted men) in 1970-1990 for purpose of storing matches or needles and thread – tightly closed was an ideal place to hide them.

thank you! looking at this site, the Soviets did produce one that was worn on a string around the neck as well, but it is in the shape of the standard capsule we know. glad that you clarified this topic,

Thanks Tomasz! Good to know.

There was a virus on that site. So I have removed the link.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!