Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Early Mosin Nagant bayonet

Article about: Hi Guys, just been to a show today and picked up a Mosin-Nagant M91 bayonet. Production of these ceased in 1930 and are not easy to find here. It is marked for the Izhevsk aresnal. The is so

Default Early Mosin Nagant bayonet

Hi Guys, just been to a show today and picked up a Mosin-Nagant M91 bayonet. Production of these ceased in 1930 and are not easy to find here. It is marked for the Izhevsk aresnal.

The is some rust pitting here and there but the price was right at £10.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early Mosin Nagant bayonet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early Mosin Nagant bayonet
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Early Mosin Nagant bayonet

Hi Ade , that`s a nice find at a nice price and one i haven`t got yet , well done !

cheers Al

Late reaction from my side but it is a nice Mosin Nagant 1st pattern socket bayonet. In my collection I am also holding two Mosin Nagant 1st pattern bayonets.
    The bayonet at the left has an Izhevsk pre 1928 marking (bow and arrow). About the right bayonet i am not sure. The possible marking is indistinct (beside red arrow) but it could also be an Izhevsk bow and arrow marking.
    The bayonet at the left has a serial number of 6 figures. The serial number of the right bayonet has 5 figures.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early Mosin Nagant bayonet   Early Mosin Nagant bayonet  

?

Very nice to have in your collection
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Hi Ade
    nice bayonet as you say they are not easy to find, i have that model as well as the second type but mine is missing the attached piece. That will go well with the rest of your russian items.
    dave.

nice, my dad has a NICE, refurb M39 Finnish model Mosin Nagant receiver marked 1891. As you know, bayos for that are EXPENSIVE. BUT NICE FIND ADE

I read in the reactions, that the Mosin Nagant 1st pattern socket bayonet is difficult to find. How rare is it these days and what price do you have to pay for it?
    In my collection I am holding 2 Mosin Nagant 1st pattern bayonets (see pictures in my first reaction).

I can only speak for the UK. I have only seen the one for sale, which I bought, in about 10 years of collecting RKKA. I have not actively looked for one, but I just never saw one for sale here until then in the UK. What would I have paid? I think I would have gone to about £40.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I can only speak for the UK. I have only seen the one for sale, which I bought, in about 10 years of collecting RKKA. I have not actively looked for one, but I just never saw one for sale here until then in the UK. What would I have paid? I think I would have gone to about £40.

Cheers, Ade.
    You do not see these 1st patterns Mosin Nagant bayonets in Holland that much as well. The right bayonet on my picture above, I bought it just a few months ago for almost the same price as you said. I paid 45 Euro’s for it. But it is a very nice example. The left bayonet on the picture, I bought it almost 10 years ago for 15 Dutch Guilders (6, 81 Euro).
    The right example at the picture has a serial number of 5 figures. The factory marking on it is indistinct but it could be Izhevsk made. What can be said about a serial number of 5 figures? Is it possible that it could be made at the beginning of the 20th century?