Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Equipment strap - unknown type to me

Article about: Good morning all! I need some help from the experienced equipment collectors here. I recently bought an equipment strap from a very reliable seller (used to be forum member here as well). It

Default Equipment strap - unknown type to me

Good morning all! I need some help from the experienced equipment collectors here. I recently bought an equipment strap from a very reliable seller (used to be forum member here as well). It is a strap which I didn't come across before but I went for it anyway. After doing quite some searching and reading online and in books I still didn't manage to find this type of strap....anywhere. So perhaps you guys are able to tell more about this strap and for which purpose these were used? The strap is 44 cm in length. The common straps I am familiar don't have these buckles with "teeth" but mine does. So I hope I can learn some more here about this type of strap.

I can add that it does feel old and the webbing is typical for Soviet wartime webbing and the same goes for the leather part.

Equipment strap - unknown type to meEquipment strap - unknown type to me

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Equipment strap - unknown type to me
    P
    Many

No thoughts on these? I know that such straps are hard to come by in the first place and few handled these (because these got lost or where used for other purposes postwar) but I hoped here on the forum there would be collectors who could help me out into the right direction.

Below an example of the typical 'buckle' which I am 100% comfortable with (so open on one side and without 'teeth').Equipment strap - unknown type to me

Dom
    ?

Hi Marcel ,

Can be backpack straps M39 or M41 ?

Thank you Dom for your reply. The straps on backpacks (as well as breadbags) usually have the opened buckle like on the last shot. The single equipment straps I know of also usually have the opened buckle. I haven't come across this type yet with the buckle with 'teeth'. Such straps were f.e. used to tie both ends of a rolled up shelter half or greatcoat.

Dom
    ?

Why not now, try to find a photo

Haha, ....I've been searching endlessly without result Went through my extensive book collection and been searching online for hours and hours. No results yet unfortunately.