Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Is This A Genunine Date Stamp? TT-33 Holster

Article about: Hi, is this a real date -mfg. stamp on this holster? It looks to nice & newly applied to me. I think the holster may be post war also, not sure if they used this shiny type of fake leath

Default Is This A Genunine Date Stamp? TT-33 Holster

Hi, is this a real date -mfg. stamp on this holster? It looks to nice & newly applied to me.

I think the holster may be post war also, not sure if they used this shiny type of fake leather in 1941? I have seen mostly oilcloth types and real leather. They could have used this material, I am not sure.

What do other members say?

Regards, Steve
    Attached Images Attached Images Is This A Genunine Date Stamp?  TT-33 Holster  Is This A Genunine Date Stamp?  TT-33 Holster  Is This A Genunine Date Stamp?  TT-33 Holster 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is This A Genunine Date Stamp?  TT-33 Holster
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Is This A Genunine Date Stamp? TT-33 Holster

That's some nonsense, the first letter is not even Cyrillic, but a W. And the rest make no word, no meaning, just random letters tossed there.

I have seen this before - on fake Chinese swords! Russian, German and other swords, WW1, WW2 or older, well made and well aged, but with one little problem - the Chinese making them do not speak other languages, can not read the original maker names, so just apply random, meaningless letters These can be seen allover the Ebay.

So, even if we forget for a moment the ugly linoleum material, the stamp makes me think it is Chinese copy. Or I am wrong?

Quote by Sokol View Post
    That's some nonsense, the first letter is not even Cyrillic, but a W. And the rest make no word, no meaning, just random letters tossed there.

I have seen this before - on fake Chinese swords! Russian, German and other swords, WW1, WW2 or older, well made and well aged, but with one little problem - the Chinese making them do not speak other languages, can not read the original maker names, so just apply random, meaningless letters These can be seen allover the Ebay.

So, even if we forget for a moment the ugly linoleum material, the stamp makes me think it is Chinese copy. Or I am wrong?

Hi Sokol, thanks for reply, but sorry, you are wrong about holster. if you speak Russian and know the cryilic letters, I believe you about the letters stamp, but the holster is definitely not a Chinese made holster, it is Russian, just not sure of time period on this one.

I have 2 other holsters for my Nagant and Tokarev that have semi clear WW2 date stamps, but none this clear and "nice"
    Not typical for Soviet ink stamps at all. They did not make pretty stamps for collectors 65 years later. There is the exception though.
    I have some F1 and RGD33 pouches with 100% orig war date stamps that are very clear and nice looking. That is rare to find though.I think this is a fake stamp on an unknown, at least to me date Soviet holster.

All opinions welcome on this one.

Regards, Steve

?

BTW are you sure it is TT, isn't it a Nagant holster?

Quote by Sokol View Post
    BTW are you sure it is TT, isn't it a Nagant holster?
    I think this style were universal holsters, they could fit both.

Regards, Steve

Hi Steve, personally I would call this a Nagant holster.

Sorry I cannot give an opinion as to originality as I have not seen one like this before.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Steve, personally I would call this a Nagant holster.

Sorry I cannot give an opinion as to originality as I have not seen one like this before.

Cheers, Ade.
    Hi Ade, sure a Nagant fits perfect in these holsters, and also my Tokarev fits perfect. Also one Tok spare mag just fits in the small pouch under flap. I have read and heard they were intended to be used for both pistols a "universal" holster so to say. I may be wrong though.

I have a '41 date holster with green web shoulder strap sewn on, that is the same shape/style/size holster as this one. I also have a "true" "Nagant Holster, that looks quite different, that is also war dated.

Should I post pics of them? Do you think anyone cares about this? I sure do.

Maybe someone has a Soviet "quartermasters book or manual" (if they even had a "quartermaster") that will say what the Red army called these style holsters. I would be interested to know some concrete information.

Regards, Steve

?

This is a universal holster, the stamps are very strange, but the holster looks OK, even I have never seen that kind of materials used, but the material looks good to me
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

The stamp is strange and so it the material. The closest material I have seen was Bulgarian military security Makarov holster, made in the 80's from similar material, but white. So even if the holster is genuine, IMO it is much later than 1941. In 1941 it would be leather or some kind of canvas oil cloth, not that plastic/linoleum.

Hi Steve, I for one am always interested in seeing stuff and learning more in the process, so please post away!

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast