Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

German/Soviet belt buckle, a good one? Buy it or Leave it??

Article about: Hi, for several months i was looking after a german buckle with red star, i mean the ones modified by the russian soldiers. I finally recived an email with an offer, what do you think, it wo

Default German/Soviet belt buckle, a good one? Buy it or Leave it??

Hi,

for several months i was looking after a german buckle with red star, i mean the ones modified by the russian soldiers.

I finally recived an email with an offer, what do you think, it would be alright to go for it, it's a genuine one? Considering its patina and details it seems ok to me, but always better ask the ones with a lot more experience....

I thank you in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German/Soviet belt buckle, a good one? Buy it or Leave it??   German/Soviet belt buckle, a good one? Buy it or Leave it??  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German/Soviet belt buckle, a good one? Buy it or Leave it??
    P
    Many

I myself am a big skeptic of these... A close image of the star and it's prongs may help you gather further opinions.
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Quote by RichieC View Post
    I myself am a big skeptic of these... A close image of the star and it's prongs may help you gather further opinions.
    many thanks for your reply. I have one more pic, with the star in frontal position, so maybe will help to understand if it's a good one.

What do you think? A good relic buckle with a fake red star, a fake buckle with a good red star, or both fake? or maybe both possibly genuine..?

Any of yours advices could really help me saving some cash. I pretty green in collecting and, as you probably know, at the beginning is very easy to let your self driven by the desire of a new, little piece, so mistakes could be easely made.

Thanks again
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German/Soviet belt buckle, a good one? Buy it or Leave it??  

Hello mate and welcome to the forum, the star I cannot speak for as I know nothing about Russian stuff, the aluminium Heer buckle is original. If you take square on picture front and rear I might be able to give you a maker. In ref to the star, it does to me look like it has been put on there recently for some reason, it does not have the wear or ageing of the buckle
    Ben

Must have been writing at the same time!
    Ben

Hello Ben, many thanks for your time. The buckle was also my starting point in the considerations of the seller's offer; it seemed original to me. Afterward everything could happend...an original but newer red star, mounted on the buckle in order to make pass the item as an original product, resulted by the intervention of a soviet soldier on a ''captured buckle'' in WW2 times. Both fakes or both good. I remember seeing on the forum a dedicated thread regarding ''sovietiseded german buckles''...I will ask the seller for some quotes and a rear picture of the buckle.

later edit: i reached the thread i was talking about:

De-nazified german belt buckles!

No problems, try and get a square picture of the rear
    Ben