Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help Please-Unknown Belt Buckle

Article about: Hi, I just bought this buckle, and belt for a fair price I believe. It is supposed to be Soviet Engineer/pioneer buckle. It's a style I have never seen before. I thought it was interesting,

Default Help Please-Unknown Belt Buckle

Hi, I just bought this buckle, and belt for a fair price I believe. It is supposed to be Soviet Engineer/pioneer buckle. It's a style I have never seen before. I thought it was interesting, and it also appeared to be pre 1945 manufacture.

The buckle is attached to the belt on the Right side like most wartime belts, and the construction of it, and the Leather belt looked OK for a wartime piece to me. I collect Soviet Inert ordnance, like mines, grenades, boobytraps etc. and thought this would fit in well with the collection.

Any more info on this buckle? Good...or bad news What does it say on it? and what about the three? letters on the back, does someone know what maker, if that is the maker mark? Is the buckle even Russian in origin?

Thanks in advance, Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help Please-Unknown Belt Buckle   Help Please-Unknown Belt Buckle  

Help Please-Unknown Belt Buckle  
    Last edited by Kilroy Was Here; 06-11-2010 at 02:12 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help Please-Unknown Belt Buckle
    P
    Many

Default Re: Help Please-Unknown Belt Buckle

anybody know?

I would like to know more about it too!

Boridin

?

Ade will know this one for sure

Hmmmm...I guess it is not a too common belt buckle then. Maybe it is a buckle from an officer-teacher at the engineer-pioneer-sapper school? I do not think it is a combat type buckle?

Regards, Steve

A Parade buckle? special events?

Sadly I have never seen this one before either! I had a go at translating the text, but I don't think I got it right: To three also we watch ???????????????????

I am wondering if it is a Miners buckle or something like that?

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Sadly I have never seen this one before either! I had a go at translating the text, but I don't think I got it right: To three also we watch ???????????????????

I am wondering if it is a Miners buckle or something like that?

Cheers, Ade.
    Ahhh Haa....There you are. You were MIA for bit. Nice to hear from you Ade, hope all is well. A Miner's buckle...That's a good possibility/theory too.
    I guess it is an odd one, if you have not seen it before. I do not have buckle in hand yet. I was also noticing how it has only one "metal rod or bar" that the leather belt actually attaches to. This is different also than the 2 rods or bars usually seen on the buckles that the belt attaches to.

I hope someone will know more info on this buckle. Maybe it's pre-war? Here is a pic of the excellent engineer badge. Similar but the pick and shovel are reversed.

Regards, Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help Please-Unknown Belt Buckle  

?

That is a students and komsomol members who voluntary was sent to the new lands as builders.
    " builders and vigilant " Circa 50's
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Quote by Dimas View Post
    That is a students and komsomol members who voluntary was sent to the new lands as builders.
    " builders and vigilant " Circa 50's
    Hi Dimas, Thank you, Komosol, very interesting.

I thought the wartime and pre-war buckles attached to the right hand side of belt? I read here, I think you said also? they changed to left side about 1950-52??

Oh well, I thought maybe it was a wartime or earlier belt. It was only $35 so not a big deal. It still is a very interesting buckle.

Thanks for taking a look at it.
    Regards, Steve

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast