MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Leningrad Type CH-38 Body Armour

Article about: I recently purchased this body armor which according to a site, "ostfront" is a Leningrad pattern WW2 assault body armor. Allegedly this item came out of a small museum outside of

Default Leningrad Type CH-38 Body Armour

Leningrad Type CH-38 Body ArmourLeningrad Type CH-38 Body ArmourLeningrad Type CH-38 Body ArmourLeningrad Type CH-38 Body ArmourLeningrad Type CH-38 Body ArmourLeningrad Type CH-38 Body ArmourLeningrad Type CH-38 Body ArmourLeningrad Type CH-38 Body ArmourLeningrad Type CH-38 Body ArmourLeningrad Type CH-38 Body ArmourLeningrad Type CH-38 Body Armour

I recently purchased this body armor which according to a site, "ostfront" is a Leningrad pattern WW2 assault body armor. Allegedly this item came out of a small museum outside of Petersburg after the fall of communism. They sold the body armor to raise funds for the rest of the museum; it was purchased for $10 USD.

Can anyone comment on this armor; are there fakes out there; any history?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Leningrad Type CH-38 Body Armour
    P
    Many

Default Re: Leningrad Type CH-38 Body Armor

Hi, i cannot comment on the originality of your example.
    But i always wondered what was the protection these offered.
    Cheers
    Nuno

Original. I have two complete sets of these.

Search the forum for more info.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

It looks the same as this one!....RUSSIAN BODY ARMOUR M-38 "LENINGRAD" 1944, FILMHAUER

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

It is much lighter than the German armor and it is articulated in the chest;other than protection from shrapnel or a bayonet thrust,I would guess that the main purpose was psychological.The guy who designed it, probably never had to wear it.
    Regards,
    Dave

Default Re: Leningrad Type CH-38 Body Armour

My original Soviet body armour, SN38 and SN42.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Leningrad Type CH-38 Body Armour  

Are they common? Do you think I should try to restore this set or leave it as is ?
    Regards,
    Dave

Hi Dave, not common by any means. I would cetainly strip off that horrid white paint and leave it at that.

Cheers, Ade.

ade,could the white paint be winter camo.?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast