Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

M35 Officer belt and buckle.

Article about: Hi everyone, i would like to hear your opinion on this well used officer's belt and hope anyone can perhaps tell me why there seems to be remains of green paint on the buckle, fieldcamo? Kin

?

Default M35 Officer belt and buckle.

Hi everyone,

i would like to hear your opinion on this well used officer's belt and hope anyone can perhaps tell me why there seems to be remains of green paint on the buckle, fieldcamo?

Kind regards,
    Oli

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 Officer belt and buckle.
    P
    Many

Nice rig. I would suggest a camo job done in the field too.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thanks for sharing your opinion Ade, been wondering about that since i got it some time ago!
    It seems of a rather "simple" construction as oposed to most other examples i could find (the stitching along the belt seems rather crude aswell), could this be indicative of wartime manufacture perhaps?

Regards,
    Oli

I would guess wartime too.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Salut,
    Pour moi, pas de camouflage, mais ces traces sont laissées par le Accidol.
    Ce produit est sous la forme de liquide (comme Mirror) a permis de briller badges. Parfois, appliquée avec les détenteurs excès badges, ça laisse des traces reconnaissables.
    M35 Officer belt and buckle.

?

Yes most likely green painted to disguise the metal color.
    My belt is not painted, but when i see yours, i feel an urge to get an painted example as well.

?

Thanks for your opinions Ade and TrondK, however Philippe's idea it is the remains of a sort of polishing compound sounds plausible too. Rather strange to leave so much when the idea is to make it "clean" and "shiny" but i have seen white compound remnants on German IAB's before aswell... Merci beaucoup Philippe!

Regards,
    Oli

Interesting about the metal polish. I have never seen this before, white residue, yes, many times.

Cheers, Ade.

That's a great looking buckle!...

?

Thanks Gunny, glad to hear you enjoyed it.

Regards,
    Oli