Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

M44 carbine sling

Article about: Recently I bought this sling; https://www.libertytreecollectors.co...&idcategory=41 . I like to put it on my deactivated M44 carbine but is this historically correct? I have read that th

Default M44 carbine sling

Recently I bought this sling; https://www.libertytreecollectors.co...&idcategory=41 .
    I like to put it on my deactivated M44 carbine but is this historically correct?
    I have read that this type of sling was for both the Mosin Nagant carbines as the PPSh41/PPS43 SMG.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M44 carbine sling
    P
    Many

Personally I would just use these on the SMG.

But they are nice items.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks for your advise. Are there WWII photographs showing this sling (with laces) on a Mosin Nagant?

The type of sling you have is typical for expediency slings when metal shortages were occurring. The narrow ones were mostly for the SMGs the wider ones for the carbines. They were manufactured at a cottage industry level, you can find examples in many colors, materials with crude sewing and construction. I love em!!

Thanks for the complement. My example has a width of 28 mm. It should be a SMG version.
    What is the carbine version look like? Has it the same width as the normal version with the buckle and sling loops?

Same width as Nagant M91/30 slings. The ones with dog collars, the collars are stitched and sewn for war time production.
    The others have pigskin straps in various forms.

included are two carbine slings and one SMG sling for comparison.M44 carbine slingM44 carbine slingM44 carbine slingM44 carbine sling

Close up of sewn dog collar straps. The khaki brown material is my favorite.

Very interesting pictures. Thanks for showing them. At this moment I put a standard Mosin Nagant rifle sling on my M44 carbine. I would like to have a war dated carbine sling but they are hard to find.

I have never seen a war time dated carbine sling. If factory stamps are present, they are usually illegible. I just go with construction, materials and length.

If anyone has a dated sling, please post photos.