Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Maps, compasses, and other items used for direction finding.

Article about: Tovarischi; I have noticed over the years that many Soviet era items use a different method of determining direction. On U.S., and western maps, Lat/Long, and direction in degrees of a 360 d

Default Maps, compasses, and other items used for direction finding.

Tovarischi;

I have noticed over the years that many Soviet era items use a different method of determining direction.

On U.S., and western maps, Lat/Long, and direction in degrees of a 360 degree circle, or 6,400 mils, and subsequently by military GPS coordinates have been used.

The Soviets do not seem to have used any of these methods. I have seen several GPW era compasses, and subsequent military issue compasses that use some sort of markings that are not in either 360 degrees, or 6,400 mils. Maps that do not give directions in any method that I am familiar with.

My question is this, How did the Soviets determine direction? How can one, using a Soviet compass, or other direction finding device, know what the direction is?

Can anyone teach all the rest of us how to use these devices?

Spaceba

Boridin

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Maps, compasses, and other items used for direction finding.
    P
    Many