Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Mosin-Nagant Rifle Kit

Article about: Hello all, I recently bought a Mosin-Nagant rifle kit (sling+ammo pouch+oiler+...). I was told the wartime slings for instance were made of leather yet the one in my kit is made of green can

RON
    ?

Default Mosin-Nagant Rifle Kit

Hello all,
    I recently bought a Mosin-Nagant rifle kit (sling+ammo pouch+oiler+...). I was told the wartime slings for instance were made of leather yet the one in my kit is made of green canvas/fabric. Maybe some late-war production?
    Q1: Can you tell if this is WW2 or Cold-War era? I was told the wartime slings for instance were made of leather yet the one in my kit is made of green canvas/fabric. Maybe some late-war production?
    Q2: Is there a way to tell if this kit was actually made in the USSR or elswhere in the Soviet hemisphere (some satellite country)?

Here are some pics:
    Mosin-Nagant Rifle KitMosin-Nagant Rifle KitMosin-Nagant Rifle KitMosin-Nagant Rifle Kit

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mosin-Nagant Rifle Kit
    P
    Many

Default Re: Mosin-Nagant Rifle Kit

These are post war Soviet production.

Cheers, Ade.

?

I *think* the "65" on the pouch is probably when it was made, I've handled one of those before, and they're kinda plastic-y no? That makes me think they would be from around the date on the pouch. Hey, what are the markings on the receiver? I got a great 1934 Tula that I had to sell to a buddy when I got broke out of one of those box kits, it was a really nice rifle!

RON
    ?

Ade, many thanks. Helpful as always!
    My Soviet Mosin-Nagant is wartime (dated 1939) and all matching. It is missing the SLING although the 'hooks' (buckles made of leather to attach the sling; don't know what these are called) are there.
    I also have the Imperial Nagant. It's dated 1900 but isn't matching...

What would the appropriate slings for each look like/be made of?

Pics hereafter.
    Mosin-Nagant Rifle KitMosin-Nagant Rifle KitMosin-Nagant Rifle Kit

Hi Ron, I cannot help on the Imperial one, a bit outside my collecting interests.

The 1930's one would take a sling just like you show. The webbing would be a lighter tan colour generally speaking, but shades varied a lot. Wartime dated slings I have owned often had off white leather parts, rivitted in place.

Cheers, Ade.