Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Mosin Nagant scopes???

Article about: NICE SCOPES. It would be close in value between JUST the SVT mount and the PEM scope. You are missing the base for the PE scope, but the rails and catch were integreated into the SVT. Its al

Default Re: Mosin Nagant scopes???

NICE SCOPES. It would be close in value between JUST the SVT mount and the PEM scope. You are missing the base for the PE scope, but the rails and catch were integreated into the SVT. Its also a non-refurb set up so it wasn't in soviet stocks post war clearly (matches your story). I love the PE rifle. My recommendation on the PE is to find an 'ex' PE, buy the replica base and put her back in service! On the SVT, finding a properly notched SVT-40 will be a challenge. Scope rails alone do NOT mean it is a sniper, it has to have a proper scope notch, watch out for fakes! If you want to sell either (or trade either) let me know! I'd trade you a complete real Mosin PU sniper (rifle scope mount) for the PE scope and base.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mosin Nagant scopes???
    P
    Many

?

Thanks for the info. meyerse! You read my mind about the PE, lol. I searched through a lot of mosin nagants online (and even some in-person), a while back. I found a some PU snipers and "ex-snipers," but none that would match my scope. I'm also very picky, so that didn't help my search. Also, does anyone know if the PE snipers (ex, or not) have the bent bolt? I seem to remember all the ex-snipers I found having the standard bolt.

I'm really glad you told me about finding the proper notching for the SVT-40. After I became overly frustrated with my nagant search, I started searching for the right SVT on gunbroker, etc. I almost pulled the trigger on one or two, which might have been a costly mistake!

I finally gave up on both a while back, and decided to wait until I had more time and $ to find the right guns. Some day I'll have them both . . .

Quote by VGJ5 View Post
    Thanks for the info. meyerse! You read my mind about the PE, lol. I searched through a lot of mosin nagants online (and even some in-person), a while back. I found a some PU snipers and "ex-snipers," but none that would match my scope. I'm also very picky, so that didn't help my search. Also, does anyone know if the PE snipers (ex, or not) have the bent bolt? I seem to remember all the ex-snipers I found having the standard bolt.

I'm really glad you told me about finding the proper notching for the SVT-40. After I became overly frustrated with my nagant search, I started searching for the right SVT on gunbroker, etc. I almost pulled the trigger on one or two, which might have been a costly mistake!

I finally gave up on both a while back, and decided to wait until I had more time and $ to find the right guns. Some day I'll have them both . . .

Most all (I never say all because who knows!) PE and PEM rifles in soviet stocks after the war were converted to standard rifles, Durring refurb they got straight bolts, so even if the 'numbers match' this is matching done after refurb not the original bolt. NOW I do know some PE and PEMs from FINLAND that were not converted and I've seen some without scopes, but you are going to pay $800 and up JUST for the rifle wtihout the mount or scope (hard to fine either PEM or PE ORIGINAL mounts, maybe even harder than SVT-40 mounts). The rifle at $800 I last saw was an ex-PE and wasn't in fabulous shape but it was an-unreferbed FIN rifle (had its bolt replaced too!).

?

VGJ5;310935] I found a some PU snipers and "ex-snipers," but none that would match my scope. Also, does anyone know if the PE snipers (ex, or not) have the bent bolt? I seem to remember all the ex-snipers I found having the standard bolt. [/QUOTE]

VGJ5, Call J&G Sales and ask if they have any PE ex-snipers in stock. They generally pull any ex-snipers out of their Mosin stock and sell them for a premium. I paid $150 for an ex-PEM sniper from J&G.

Ex-snipers never (well almost... ) have turned down bolts. Its a big mystery as to where all the bent bolts went. Somewhere in Russia the should be thousands of them...
    There are folks that convert standard bolts to bent bolts, but do some research first, because some of them do not-so-great jobs.

Best place to start is the sniper rifle forum on Gunboards: The Sniper Rifle Forum

Tim

and by trade I meant the WHOLE rifle, scope, mount, etc....all WW2 original and together when they came out of soviet stocks towards the PE setup (I'm willing to negotiate!).
    Again, be careful about the rear SVT notch. I know these are faked. The mount is quite hard to find so you have some very nice pieces there. PM me and I'll tell you where to lurk to find the bits you need.
    Thanks for sharing the photos too....I can dream.......

i can't remember where i got this from but the germans before they invaded russian were freindly and a lot of stuff went back and forth including scopes i beleive the pu scope also like the ppsh41 was often taken and swapped for the germans mp40 the mosin nagant was similar to that which might explain why it was in the factory
    hope it was some use
    tom
    ps they are very good condition and welcome to the site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2