Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Mosin Nagent Sniper Rifle

Article about: Hi Guys I have just bought this Mosin Nagent sniper rifle for quite a good price. I have shot it, and hit the bull, so it's nice and straight. My question is. What do the numbers mean on the

Default Mosin Nagent Sniper Rifle

Hi Guys
    I have just bought this Mosin Nagent sniper rifle for quite a good price. I have shot it, and hit the bull, so it's nice and straight.
    My question is. What do the numbers mean on the scope? Is it a period scope, or a post war one? The rifle is dated 1942

Thanks in advance
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mosin Nagent Sniper Rifle   Mosin Nagent Sniper Rifle  

Mosin Nagent Sniper Rifle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mosin Nagent Sniper Rifle
    P
    Many

Default Re: Mosin Nagent Sniper Rifle

Looks like a nice rifle.......I have one myself, 1942 dated and shoots very well, the 91/30 is the designation of the most commonly encountered version of the Mosin Nagant rifle, the number refers to the fact that it is based on the 1891 model modified in 1930 to give us the Model 91/30. the other number is the serial number of the scope, is it period ? hard to tell without a detailed examination, there are a lot of these sniper versions available for sale, lots of them are made up of genuine parts, some not and some a mixture of both........my particular rifle has a good quality PU scope which has an armoury rebuild stamp on it from 1952 so is possibly a wartime scope from one rifle, factory refurbished and then fitted to my rifle.....the permutations are endless.....if you got it for a good price and it shoots well then enjoy it. I was at an Arms Fair yesterday where one dealer had 10 snipers and at least 15 carbines for sale, all the snipers were priced at £700 and were PU scoped versions like yours.......as I said there are a lot of them about and in my opinion well worth the money......

For what its worth the scope looks good to me...........cant really tell the period, look very carefully over it with a magnifier though..there are all kinds of markings in odd places on these things.

Thank you very much for your concise reply. I paid £500 for it, which i feel is a good price. The rifle I want I can't seem to find, No4T a lot more money, but this one is so much fun

Hi John, you got yours for a very good price, did you get it locally ? Off subject a bit, I see you are on the I.O.M. I beleive you are still allowed handguns there, are they still Section 1 firearms (Section 7 here on the mainland)

I agree that the Nagant is good fun gun to shoot, I have two M44 Carbines as well as my sniper, I like the idea of a No4T myself as I also own two standard N04 L.E. rifles and love them too...........I have seen what are claimed to be genuine No4T's going for over £3000 now........beware that there are a lot of standard No4's fitted with either period or repro No32 sniper scopes for sale, to be fair most of the sellers are not claiming that they are genuine and are sold as repros but still seem to be asking in excess of £1000 for them.............its a jungle out there.........happy shooting.

Thanks, just been out this morning and shot a 25mm group of five. Happy days. Yes we can still have handguns, I have a Ruger 9mm semi and a 38/357 S&W mod 66. I have on order a 9mm Browning, and hoping to get a colt 45 too. There seems to be no limit as to what you can own over here, and the police are very friendly. I'm set for a long wait on the No4T no rush, as my other rifles are No1 MK111* x2 1916 and 1917 plus a P14 .303. Did you ever see the thread I did on my No1? Found in Belgium, and restored to shoot. I think the title was "Probably the best find ever" I'll see if I can find it. now that makes interesting reading
    Thanks

Scope looks legit, but without more photos we don't know about the rest of it.

Here's the thread I was talking about
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/battl...probably-3016/

And I'll try and take some more photos of the scope and rifle when i get around to cleaning it after this morning
    Thanks

it LOOKS like the original serial number of the scope has been removed from the receiver during refurb, just from the way the light plays.

Hi John, thats a great restoration job on the SMLE and an interesting story, incredible that you were able to use it after all these years and well done for sparing it from the indignities of the de-act graveyard.

You are lucky to be able to still use pistols there on the I.O.M it seems that at least somewhere in the British Isles the people are still treated as adults and the Police appear to have a common sense approach to firearms licencing.

I'm not jealous at all..............

Phil.