Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

My first ever gun!..

Article about: Hey guys Real excited for this one, my first ever gun, just arrived today. An ex-dragoon Mosin m91/30 Did some of my own research. Stock seems to be all original, a pre-war stock, stamps dat

Would guess Orion is an importer/dealer marking-you won't find Latin letters/words on a Soviet era weapon until it's been onsold.

PS See this site for more info Mosin Nagant Models

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My first ever gun!..
    P
    Many

?

Thanks all for the replies, very proud of this piece, not to mention, only my second Russian piece. Doing pretty poor however for someone who's wanting to get into Russian militaria, lol. Not a lot of Russian militaria that I can get from my country so I'd have to start shipping from other countries, unfortunately.

Anyway, was I not correct when I stated this was an ex-dragoon? I looked up some information on this gun and on youtube, aswell, generally the guns that have been refurbished like this used to be dragoon rifles. Ergo the title 'ex-dragoon'.

The Dragoon model was replaced in production by the 91/30 model in the early 1930s-yours is a 1937 91/30 so was never a dragoon type. This is my 1924 ex Dragoon converted to 91/30 standard post WW2 (lower rifle in pic).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My first ever gun!..  

?

Oooh alright, I understand now.
    Thanks for the clear explanation!

-Bas

?

Tula Star

?

Dragoon (capture german to finland) still dragoon. not in russia to redo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2