Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My new project: Building up a Russian WW2 fighter mannequin

Article about: Hello everyone, until now I was only collecting German militaria. But now I was lucky to receive pieces of a russian winter uniform and now I want to build up a Russian fighter mannequin. Wh

Default My new project: Building up a Russian WW2 fighter mannequin

Hello everyone,

until now I was only collecting German militaria.
    But now I was lucky to receive pieces of a russian winter uniform and now I want to build up a Russian fighter mannequin.

What I have today is:
    - Quilted jacket (telogreika?)
    - Quilted trouser (watnie scharovari ?)
    - Breeches trouser
    - SSh40 helmet (post-war 1948, until I find a war-era helmet)
    - PPsh41 machine pistol + 2 drum magazines
    - RGD33 grenade

What I still need:
    - belt
    - magazine pouch for drum magazine
    - bread bag
    - entrenching tool
    - water bottle
    - gasmask and bag
    - bag for RGD33
    - boots

The problem is that it is very confusing to identify what is war-era and what is post-war, because equioment was produced nearly identical well into the 60ies.

Are any collectors out there willing to share some pictures of true WW2 equipment?
    Is it ok, if I post some pictures and a lot of questions?

Thanks and good night,

Chris
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My new project: Building up a Russian WW2 fighter mannequin   My new project: Building up a Russian WW2 fighter mannequin  

My new project: Building up a Russian WW2 fighter mannequin   My new project: Building up a Russian WW2 fighter mannequin  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My new project: Building up a Russian WW2 fighter mannequin
    P
    Many

and here is....

Question #1:

as you can see, my PPSh41 has a leather carrying strap. Did these exist in WW2, or should I rather use my canvas strap?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My new project: Building up a Russian WW2 fighter mannequin  

You need to use a canvas webbing strap.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Ade !

then on to....

Question #2:

which of these ammo pouches is a true ww2 period item? If any....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My new project: Building up a Russian WW2 fighter mannequin   My new project: Building up a Russian WW2 fighter mannequin  

My new project: Building up a Russian WW2 fighter mannequin   My new project: Building up a Russian WW2 fighter mannequin  

Hi,
    For me, both are post-war and I think the first model presented is not of Soviet manufacture.
    Regards.
    Philippe

Hello Philipe,
    thank you for your opinion.
    What are the most important features to identify a real ww2 pouch?
    And what is the usual value?

Hi Chris,
    The leather is different from and two passers canvas which are generally of a different color from the ammo pouch. For the price between 15 and 35 euros.
    Regards.
    Philippe

What do you think about this belt ?

My new project: Building up a Russian WW2 fighter mannequin  

Hi Chris,
    Here is my pouch, which was identified as a WW2 pattern...

thanks !
    in the book "Europa Militaria No. 15 - The red army" I can see my second pouch (leather fixed behind canvas flap).
    Your pouch has the leather fixed onto the canvas flap.

But I think identification has to be done by reading the stamps. Unfortunately do not know how to read them.

It is a shame, there are hundreds of books and websites on German militaria but I cannot find any good source for Russian militaria

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast