Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

New PTRD Bag

Article about: Hi Pete, my bag was made by a member of our living history group (2nd Guards) some years ago. I will try and get it back next month. It is grey canvas material with multiple compartments (lo

?

Default Re: New PTRD Bag

Thanks Ade , that`s lethal , and still able to give a little cover from that range !

Al

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New PTRD Bag
    P
    Many

hello Adrian ,nice ,is this PTRD still working ? Not deactivated ? Did you shoot some rounds from that rifle ? Impresive thing...Respect!
    tomek

Hi Tomek, it is my friend's rifle. He is a forum member We only use blank rounds with it for re-enactment.

There are very few ranges in the UK (all Army ones) where these kind of rifles can be used live. My friend's licence only allows blank use.

Cheers, Ade.

Doesent matter blank or real ammo ,anyway -great part of history

I'm new to this forum, and found it while searching for PDRT41 information, esp. the ammo bag. Great pictures! I saw that someone was going to try and possibly get repros made, but apparently it didn't pan out. I'm pretty good at making things, and would like to try and make a canvas ammo pouch like the one you have pictured. Some period photos seem to show a similar pouch but with fabric loops like a cloth maxim belt on the inside. Would you be willing to post, or send me dimensions/measurements? Thanks. Pete

Hi Pete, glad you made it onto the forum!

I have a repro bag, but I loaned it out to get more made and I have not had it back yet...

This is an old thread and since the pics were first posted I think questions have been raised re the bag with leather straps actually being French?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi,
    You're right Ade, who presented the bag has leather reinforcements is not a bag of ammunition Ptrd or PTRS.
    This is a bag to put the French army chargers of FM 24/29.
    I'll try to post pictures of my PTRD Bag.
    Regards.
    Philippe

Hi Philippe, thanks for the confirmation!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi Ade,
    It is with pleasure !!!
    Philippe

I love it when we can "decipher " historical questions! I have also seen in period photos PTRD bags being used by gunners with loops sewn inside it, like a cloth Maxim belt. They appear in the photos on their side so you can see the rounds inside the loops, and the toggles on the front. Ade, did you make your bag? Pete

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast