Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

PPSH-41 pouch original or postwar?

Article about: Hi all! i need your opinions about this ppsh-41 pouch, it is original ww2 or postwar? i really have no clue about it. any help will help! Thank you very much!

Default PPSH-41 pouch original or postwar?

Hi all! i need your opinions about this ppsh-41 pouch, it is original ww2 or postwar? i really have no clue about it. any help will help!

Thank you very much!

PPSH-41 pouch original or postwar?PPSH-41 pouch original or postwar?PPSH-41 pouch original or postwar?PPSH-41 pouch original or postwar?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement PPSH-41 pouch original or postwar?
    P
    Many

Hello,

I think this style is usually used during the 1950's and I think I'm seeing a vague "51" on the stamp.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture PPSH-41 pouch original or postwar?  

Thanks for your reply Aleks.

No one think other thing? no chances to be an original pouch?

Hello

I think Alek is right.

It has the look and feel but it isn't.

All the best

Bruno

Cherkassy
    ?

Hi!
    It is an original pouch, but for post-war period.
    All time while PPSH was on storage - pouches and other accesories were made for them in large number.

Quote by Cherkassy View Post
    Hi!
    It is an original pouch, but for post-war period.
    All time while PPSH was on storage - pouches and other accesories were made for them in large number.
    Thanks Cherkassy! there are good news for me!
    So you say that the pouch it's original, pre 1945 materials, and stored all the war without use, and marked post war for being used post 1945 right?

At least two types of fastenings were used during the war for PPSh ammo pouches - one was a wooden peg, and another metal buckle with leather strap as visible here above (sources: e.g. A.Mollo, A.Shalito "Red Army Uniforms of World War II in Colour Photographs (Europa Militaria)" page 55, Philippe Rio "The Soviet Soldier 1941-1945" page 88). So, this type of the ammo puch was used widely during the war. However, the marking / stamp is not clear and it is hardly to say whether is it a wartime production or not (I have no data as regards styles of stamps used during and after the war - if someone has, the source of information / examples for confirmation would be welcomed).