Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Rare Soviet Mess tin

Article about: Got this one today. It should be a pretty rare Soviet mess tin. I guess that's what's it's called in English. Does anybody know about this manufacturer?I can only read the "Bogdanov&quo

?

Default Rare Soviet Mess tin

Got this one today. It should be a pretty rare Soviet mess tin. I guess that's what's it's called in English. Does anybody know about this manufacturer?I can only read the "Bogdanov" part. The top part of the stamp say's "Krasnij ...

Regards, Lars

Rare Soviet Mess tin

Rare Soviet Mess tin

Rare Soviet Mess tin

Rare Soviet Mess tin

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rare Soviet Mess tin
    P
    Many

Default Re: Rare Soviet Mess tin

As I see there is dot КР.ВЫ... and complet is КР.ВЫБОР БОГДАНОВ 38Г ..so dated from 1938.

?

Thank you for the answer

I would guess the factory was called КР.ВЫБОР. Something like Red/Beautiful Choice. I was told these where used on parades polished nice and shiny.

Regards, Lars

Never seen polished , specially those early types and what i know is that they never been painted.. When you polish aluminum even if it gets dark (oxidation) it is never like original state.. Later in 1940-41 mess kits were green painted. And something is specific for Bogdanov mess kits and that is this part Rare Soviet Mess tin

that is not same as like this one
    Rare Soviet Mess tin

In earlier mess kits 36-39 it is often to see names stamped like Bogdanov, Kruticka, Sharapov ... and later it was only КР.ВЫБОР with year like this one..
    Rare Soviet Mess tin

As i know КР.ВЫБОР is short for factory "Красный Выборжец" (Red Vyborzhets)..
    Rare Soviet Mess tin

?

Very good info Are the one i posted rare? I just thought of ВЫБОР as in English "choice" and Красный can be both "red" and "beautiful" in Russian. My Russian is still not the best. LOL

Regards, Lars

Yes you can say it is rare mess kit specially those early years made from 36-39.. You must look for dots cause if it's shorten it can give you wrong idea..

OK guys, time for me to ask a dumb question..... did the Russians ( when they and the Germans were buddy buddies ) collaborate on their respective mess tin designs?
    As the M31 German and the Russian are damn near identical! ...... or was it just coincidental?

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

That is true and about design and it is found "combined" mess kit with german and soviet stamp..
    Rare Soviet Mess tinRare Soviet Mess tinRare Soviet Mess tin

What is the story behind design is really unknown to me, but I know that that early type of of soviet mess kit was different.

?

Many collar tabs also look similar. Take a look at my NKVD Mundir The one showimg the collar tabs are sold now. Sleeve pis are from another Mundir.

Sleeve and collar

Rare Soviet Mess tin

Rare Soviet Mess tin

Rare Soviet Mess tin

Regards, Lars