Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Rifle oiler, is it a good one?

Article about: I am asking the forums experience about this Soviet rifle oiler. I have no experience at all with these so I hope you guys can tell me if this is a good wartime oiler or not? All help is app

Default Rifle oiler, is it a good one?

I am asking the forums experience about this Soviet rifle oiler. I have no experience at all with these so I hope you guys can tell me if this is a good wartime oiler or not? All help is appreciated!! Thanks a lot in advance!

Rifle oiler, is it a good one?Rifle oiler, is it a good one?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rifle oiler, is it a good one?
    P
    Many

Nobody any thoughts on this oiler? I have no clue about these being wartime or postwar and I am curious to learn

?

Hi,
    I will answer you though it is not what I know best.
    Basically it is a Mosin Nagant (M1891) oiler; but it was used over a long time period for other weapons like the SKS, the early AK's, various MG's and SMG's.
    This one is probably Russian or Bulgarian.
    For the Mosin Nagant it was part of a canevas wallet with screwdriver, jag, brushes, ...
    Magazinepouches of AK's had a special pocket for this oiler.
    They were replaced by plastic ones in the seventies.
    They all look the same and they have no markings: so I'm not able to tell you if it is wartime or not.

Thanks for your time and reply. I disagree that this one is Bulgarian, it is Soviet. Of that I am sure. I am just not sure if wartime or postwar. The square ones are early wartime and these were gradually replaced by the rounded ones. The link below shows many different oilers and the round one is also there. Though the difference with mine is that on the back mine has two short vertical lines while the majority, if not all others I have seen don't have any vertical lines on the reverse side. So besides dating these oilers this is another point that confuses me a bit.

Mosin Nagant Rifle Accessories

?

Bulgarian, Russian = Soviet.
    Vertical lines are maybe factory related.
    Here is one of my oilers. Origin is probably Izhevsk (arrow)?

Rifle oiler, is it a good one?Rifle oiler, is it a good one?

Thanks for showing yours. It is the first double-section Izhevsk marked oiler that I have seen. Usually the single-section Izhevsk marked oilers can be found. Very nice. And yes, I also though it could be factory related. I just didn't come across any actual evidence of this yet.