Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Russian Mosin-Nagant ammo pouch? WW2 or Postwar ?

Article about: Can someone help identify this pouch of mine? It looks much like a pouch 'possibly bulgarian' from 7.62x54r.net. Only paid \\$4 for it, but would like to know where it was from. Thanks!

Default re: Russian Mosin-Nagant ammo pouch? WW2 or Postwar ?

Thanks guys

I paid £20 for it two years ago. A friend came over from Russia and brought about 10 or 12 pouches. I could not make up a matched pair then. Many were indeed dark brown/black with oil or SA marked. I can live in hope I suppose...

Cheers, Ade.

PS: each compartment has an ink stamp on the lid. I will try and photograph this tomorrow.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Russian Mosin-Nagant ammo pouch? WW2 or Postwar ?
    P
    Many

These are my Pouches comrades...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Russian Mosin-Nagant ammo pouch? WW2 or Postwar ?   Russian Mosin-Nagant ammo pouch? WW2 or Postwar ?  

And here are mine... my MN pouches that is.

Column one: Two nice pouches. The top one, the full "Y" front is probably my nicest single example

Column two: These three are all pretty nice with good leather and most with Soviet date stamps. All three of these are from Finnish suplus stocks so they all have the typical "SA" on one of the lids. MN pouches have gotten scarce enough that to me this is no longer a detraction.

Column three: These are unique as both are cut down Imperial German Mauser pouches captured during WW1 and converted. Both have had the third compartment removed and the D-ring relocated to the center of the two remaining compartments

The other pics are of the only "pair" I have... a nice set of open "Y" type pouches like Ade's
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Russian Mosin-Nagant ammo pouch? WW2 or Postwar ?   Russian Mosin-Nagant ammo pouch? WW2 or Postwar ?  

Russian Mosin-Nagant ammo pouch? WW2 or Postwar ?   Russian Mosin-Nagant ammo pouch? WW2 or Postwar ?  

Thanks for showing all of these guys

Great selection you have there Mike. I used to "turn my nose up" at SA marked ones, but now I think like you, and I have realised the error of my ways

Here is the stamp on mine. There is one in each compartment. Sorry the pic is not great but the stamp is somewhat faint.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Russian Mosin-Nagant ammo pouch? WW2 or Postwar ?  

Comrades, Does anyone have Pouches that have a Sew in tunnel loops rather than the loop retainer and stud complex?, I have one (and one with the the Y fastening), I must add, here is one of my Comrades using them.
    You will Note it rides lower on the Belt.

Are there Pattern Names of these different Pouches ?, I guess there are.
    Attached Images Attached Images Russian Mosin-Nagant ammo pouch? WW2 or Postwar ? 

[QUOTE=People's Army;42383]Comrades, Does anyone have Pouches that have a Sew in tunnel loops rather than the loop retainer and stud complex?QUOTE]

One of mine has sewn tunnel loops, but in a manner that would not change its position on the belt. Can you show the reverse of yours?

Comrade, Sorry, it is on issue from this Rezident to my Comrade, Comrade Elsan's Command, he is the Comrade depicted.
    The Tunnel loop is a Loop of Leather sew at the bottom with a square with an X in it...

The loop is up on the top.

Gentlemen,

This Mosin-nagant pouch is being offered to me as probably post war, but look quite similar to the ones in this thread, except for the lack of rivets in some areas.

Can you explain the (other) differences between wartime and post war pouches?

Thanks and regards,

Gus
    Attached Images Attached Images Russian Mosin-Nagant ammo pouch? WW2 or Postwar ?  Russian Mosin-Nagant ammo pouch? WW2 or Postwar ?  Russian Mosin-Nagant ammo pouch? WW2 or Postwar ?  Russian Mosin-Nagant ammo pouch? WW2 or Postwar ?  Russian Mosin-Nagant ammo pouch? WW2 or Postwar ? 

Hi Gus, to me that looks like a new made pouch? There is just no age to it: no tarnish to the brass and the leather looks really soft and thin?

Here are some post war, but original pouches. They do not have the D ring on the back and are made of artificial leather.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Russian Mosin-Nagant ammo pouch? WW2 or Postwar ?  

Ade,

Thanks for your reply.

So they seem to be WWII pattern, but they are "fishy"...

I agree that they look quite "new". I wish I could see them personally and smell the leather. Perhaps they are repro pouches, but I never thought they made repro mosin-nagant pouches...

I don´t know if I should give them a go for the 19 euros they want for them. What do you think?

This guy is also selling a soviet greatcoat which he states is also wartime period and has the same origin. Maybe by showing you the photos of the coat I can determine if he is selling good stuff and also give me a hint as to what kind of seller he is.

I have made a new thread of the greatcoat.

Regards,

Gus

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast