Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Russian Pilot/ Air Crewman WW2 Navigational Instruments.

Article about: Hello, I wanted to show some items I have acquired for my Russian WW2 pilot/air crewman collection. The 2 slide rule instruments are some items that would be carried in the back of the Russi

Default Russian Pilot/ Air Crewman WW2 Navigational Instruments.

Hello, I wanted to show some items I have acquired for my Russian WW2 pilot/air crewman collection. The 2 slide rule instruments are some items that would be carried in the back of the Russian map case (map case not pictured). There are 2 pouches on the back of these Russian map cases to hold the rectangular and circular shaped navigational slide rule instruments. The protractor would be carried (sometimes) in the front of the map case, and the compass (I have seen photos) would be carried (sometimes) on the belt. I believe the compass was not used in the air, but used on the ground in the event the pilot had been shot down. The 2 slide rule like instruments were used for navigating calculations in flight. The rectangular shaped one was manufactured in the former Soviet Union in 1941, and the circular one in 1945. I am unable to speak Russian, but I have been told there are inscriptions in Russian on the circular instrument- " Drift to the left" and "Drift to the right". Anyway, I hope you will enjoy seeing these items as much as I have enjoyed collecting them. I am always trying to find some Russian WW2 period aviation to buy for my collection, especially flight helmets with the avionics and m38 goggles. So if anyone has any info please pm me. If you live in Russia and know someone, this would be helpful. Thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Russian Pilot/ Air Crewman WW2  Navigational Instruments.   Russian Pilot/ Air Crewman WW2  Navigational Instruments.  

Russian Pilot/ Air Crewman WW2  Navigational Instruments.   Russian Pilot/ Air Crewman WW2  Navigational Instruments.  

Russian Pilot/ Air Crewman WW2  Navigational Instruments.   Russian Pilot/ Air Crewman WW2  Navigational Instruments.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Russian Pilot/ Air Crewman WW2  Navigational Instruments.
    P
    Many