MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Russian Sword,Cossak?

Article about: Hi guys I wonder if anyone can share any info on this sword? I was told it is a ww2 Cossak sword,but I have no experience with this things. Have been googling it a bit but didnt find any tha

?

Default Russian Sword,Cossak?

Hi guys I wonder if anyone can share any info on this sword? I was told it is a ww2 Cossak sword,but I have no experience with this things. Have been googling it a bit but didnt find any that matches it..

Russian Sword,Cossak? Russian Sword,Cossak? Russian Sword,Cossak? Russian Sword,Cossak? Russian Sword,Cossak? Russian Sword,Cossak? Russian Sword,Cossak?
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Military-archeology-Legenda-Latvia/224779244335847

http://www.hobbyhistorica.com/

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Russian Sword,Cossak?
    P
    Many

?

Inka,
    I hope my search is wrong but while looking into this, I found a thread on one of these from 2011 on the SFI forum and it was deemed a Chinese fake. It also just happened to have the same serial number and hammer & sickle in an oval as the one you posted. The pic's are no longer there but this was posted. The hammer and sickle in the oval was said to have not been seen on other swords.

"From the worth point sight in your link, Bold by me
    Russian cossack military sword and bayonet WW2

Sold For: or Sign In to see What it's worth.
    •Sold Date: 05/21/2009
    •Channel: Online Auction
    •Source: eBay
    •Category: Ethnic, Folk & Native American Art
    We thank you for viewing this item and we wish you good luck bidding!
    100% Satisfactory Guarantee! Full refund with no question!!
    All items were collected from private collection and antique sellers. We can not ensure they are really real antiques. Recognize that t are many reproductions and entire fakes available. We strive to make the item being in lower price but with top quality and represent them accurately and truthfully.
    Also buyer pays the returning shipping by registered air-mail if refund required within 30 days. All returned items must be received in their original condition.
    Shipping is non-refundable in all kind, and we also do not undertake the shipping costs of return.
    Combine Shipping Discount:
    2-5 items 10% OFF ON ALL SHIPPING AND HANDING COST
    5-10 item 15% OFF ON ALL SHIPPING AND HANDING COST
    10 or more items 25% OFF ON ALL SHIPPING AND HANDING COST .
    The shipping insurance is optional, it is only addition $2, in all no matter how many items you buy.
    Payment : I'm easy-going, so I will allow up to 7 days for the item to be paid for. I think that is plenty of time to make payment. After that time period, if you have not paid for the item or contacted me, I will send a 2 nd notice. If I Still don’t get a response the 3 rd notice will be from EBay in the form of a Dispute. If for some reason you cannot pay, let me know and I'll just relist it - no problem. Just don't leave me hanging wondering what happened. We prefer payment only through Pay-Pal!
    CONDITION : Excellent Condition, no major cracks or chips.
    SIZE: about 39 inchs
    Material:: High carbon steel , 100 % Hand Forged
    Chargeable Weight 3000grams (for calculating s/h fee)
    Shipping:US $ 79.99
    The free listing tool. List your items fast and easy and manage your active items. "

This comment is from the same poster.

"Simply put sir, it is exactly the same sword with the same serial number 7328 , read carefully and pay attention to the bold the seller tells you in a pretty turn of phrase that it is a 'reproduction'.
    I am truly sorry that you bought a fake, it happens sometimes. If nothing else it is a nice looking fake"

I don't collect these but I hope I am wrong and an expert will chime in!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Look at the letters around the star, and I think you have the answer.

?

Quote by B618aa View Post
    Would that be letters that are not use in russian cyrillic script?

This was also mentioned.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Quote by B618aa View Post
    This comment says it all!

Short version: This (as mentioned) is a fake not that accurate counterfeit copy of the Russian 1881 Dragoon Shashka that has been made with fake Soviet markings. The Soviet era sabers instead patterned after the Cossack sabers. Best Regards, Fred

?

Thanks for the replies guys. Luckily not my sword
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Military-archeology-Legenda-Latvia/224779244335847

http://www.hobbyhistorica.com/