Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Soviet 1940-41 year meat ration

Article about: But I still keep the pieces which is not swelled.

?

Default Re: Soviet 1940-41 year meat ration

But I still keep the pieces which is not swelled.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soviet 1940-41 year meat ration
    P
    Many

Quote by Dimas View Post
    But I still keep the pieces which is not swelled.
    I agree with ya .
    Here are the ones I kept --
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soviet 1940-41 year meat ration   Soviet 1940-41 year meat ration  

?

Here is made in USA lend-lease for Soviet Union rations, the can's was used by the farmer postwar for mixing the paint or something like that
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soviet 1940-41 year meat ration   Soviet 1940-41 year meat ration  

Regards,
    Dimas

?

Mike, yours is perfect, and looks like is still eatable
    Regards,
    Dimas

Quote by Dimas View Post
    Mike, yours is perfect, and looks like is still eatable
    I don't know about that ...maybe with a touch of Garlic

I just started another Thread for an unopened Can of German Chocolate I have. I was going to add it here but ...didn't want to hyjack your Thread
    -- https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/germa...html#post24597
    Those cans are nice ...printed in Russian and English
    I'd love to find a Can of American Spam that was sent to the Soviets ...I read the Russians hated that stuff and fed it all to the German POW's who LOVED it.
    ever see one ?

Food for Russian soldiers includes bread, soup: Red Army rations varied from adequate to nonexistent depending on the supply situation. Bread and soup were staples. A type of cabbage soup called shchi was common, as was kasha, which is boiled buckwheat. Supplements included macaroni, salted fish, tea, salt, lard or bacon fat, and whatever vegetables the soldier could forage. American Spam became a common source of meat. Bread and sausage were often issued prior to combat operations since they would last for days without spoiling.
    Howstuffworks "Allies Bomb Northern Nazi Germany: June 1943-December 1943"
    Attached Images Attached Images Soviet 1940-41 year meat ration 

?

I've newer heard about the taste of lend-leased "Tushonka" from old soldiers, I think Soviet soldier was happy to have any food in war time.
    I was being taste one about 10 years ago, that was a rations from Belorussian long storage stocks, every time -38 C in the freeser, they was buildet in 1945 year and I had a chance to get a rations, due they was for sale at lockal market for very cheap price. The taste is absolutely the same as a soviet meat ration of 1980's era.
    Regards,
    Dimas

All very nice ration items...BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Hi, this is a ration can I recently found but I’m not sure if it’s wartime. It was found in a shed where fighting took place in 1944. It has the same “M” code as these cans and has remains of field green paint. Can someone help me date these cans? Thank you.Soviet 1940-41 year meat rationSoviet 1940-41 year meat rationSoviet 1940-41 year meat rationSoviet 1940-41 year meat ration

Hi,

I found these Soviet ration cans in the 1941 Kyiv trenches. There was some modern trash in the trenches so I am not sure if these cans are from WWII. They appear to be lend-lease rations, as they have English writing on them. One can is marked “packed in Port USA.” Could anyone tell me if these cans are, in fact, from WWII?

Thank you,
    Erik

Soviet 1940-41 year meat rationSoviet 1940-41 year meat rationSoviet 1940-41 year meat rationSoviet 1940-41 year meat rationSoviet 1940-41 year meat rationSoviet 1940-41 year meat ration

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2