Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Soviet Belt

Article about: I have a Soviet belt that my father bought off a Russian soldier in the 70s. I fixed it up a bit and shined it, and it's looking pretty spiffy, however, I tried wearing it for a day and it j

Devon8822
    ?

Default Soviet Belt

I have a Soviet belt that my father bought off a Russian soldier in the 70s. I fixed it up a bit and shined it, and it's looking pretty spiffy, however, I tried wearing it for a day and it just comes loose, it will not stay tight... This has led me to believe I connected the belt to the buckle incorrectly. I don't know how it is supposed to be done, so I took some pics of how I did it, and I am hoping somebody here with some expertise on the subject can help me out? thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soviet Belt   Soviet Belt  

Soviet Belt  

2. # ADS

SS Ring Man
    ?

Default Re: Soviet Belt

I saw my frist USSR B&B back in the 70s and throught there something you do not see every day,for someone who collected only nazi items it was a treat.Jump some 18 years when the wall came down,thay were every were.

I think that steel roller is your problem...
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Devon8822
    ?

The roller is stock right? don't they all have them? will it work with it off? what should i do?

Devon8822
    ?

I don't know where else to find out how to properly use this belt? Can anybody help me out!? thanks

?

The belt you have is absolut properly configured, but remove the roller, due off soldiers in the Soviet army remove them, as they was find a similar problem as your!
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Yuri2002
    ?

Quote by Devon8822 View Post
    I don't know where else to find out how to properly use this belt? Can anybody help me out!? thanks
    No problem, comrad! It is easy to fix. Do not remove the roller - it is wrong! Slide the belt under the roller , wrap it over and slide it back under the first wire. Probably you have done this already but belt still on lose? In the army we just slightly hammer down this first wire and it grips the belt permanently. Good luck!
    Yuri Fedorov (Soviet Officer of Red Army)

?

Quote by Yuri2002 View Post
    No problem, comrad! It is easy to fix. Do not remove the roller - it is wrong! Slide the belt under the roller , wrap it over and slide it back under the first wire. Probably you have done this already but belt still on lose? In the army we just slightly hammer down this first wire and it grips the belt permanently. Good luck!
    Yuri Fedorov (Soviet Officer of Red Army)
    But must of the rollers was removed, it's not a necessary item for use, as you know the soviet soldier must redone all of his uniform to be not standard.
    Also interesting that only in the beginning of 50's the army got a fashioned uniform for the soldiers who'll demobilizate ( Дембеля) The changed stile of wear of headgear ( as was fashioned in the prison- a bit back, usually 2 fingers from eyebrow) pre war fashion is the visor near the eyes...
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Tang
    ?

Hello,

I have just bought a Soviet military buckle off EBay., thinking it would be exactly the same style as ones used in China

So my question is if it would be possible to put this type of buckle on a new leather belt? Like the ones made in the US.

Is it possible to use this buckle without the d-ring/hook?

Also, I think from the above pictures I know how to hook up the non-hook end, and I have some inkling about how to work this belt on my waist, but is there any tutorial on the web?

Tang

Tang
    ?

now my understanding is this:

You hook the non d-ring/hook end to the buckle as shown above. after adjusting it to your waist length, and some of you advocate smashing the slots in to bite the belt permanently.

Now the ring/hook end is there to catch the tongue of the buckle, stablizing the other end.

And to go to the WC, you just detach the ring/hook end from the tongue of the buckle?

But then, that is, if you smash the slots in, how can you tighten/loosen the belt as your waist increase/decrease? Or Am I completely wrong in assembly?

Also, if what I am thinking is right, there is no way around having a d-ring/hook?

I knew I should have bought the entire belt....