Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Soviet equipment found in France

Article about: Hi Dimas, Agree with you Dimas, you have perfectly summed up the Soviet militaria ... and many collectors think that this is an easy subject and that the parts are plentiful !!!!!! Philippe

Default Re: Soviet equipment found in France

Hi Dimas,
    Agree with you Dimas, you have perfectly summed up the Soviet militaria ... and many collectors think that this is an easy subject and that the parts are plentiful !!!!!!
    Philippe

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soviet equipment found in France
    P
    Many

Quote by Dimas View Post
    Hi Philippe,
    For example if you have money and would buy a nice set of Heer or SS uniforms or insignia, just pay bucks, and you'll be a happy owner of SS helmet or SS Allgemeine cap. But if you are looking for a set of nice soviet uniforms m 35, even a 43 is hard to find a nice example- no offers in the market.
    For example the BN-Tch bags as you show here, will not be easy to find, even for 300 eur- no offers
    I fully agree, Dimas. When you collect soviet GPW, money is not everything. But not only that, it is also important to note the sheer number of available reference books about almost every obscure part of german militaria, while it is almost impossible to have written sources about most of the areas of soviet militaria collecting.

Only the sheer knowledge and the generosity to share it of collectors like you, Ade and others is what has given people like me the info to help build a decent Soviet GPW collection and why finding this community has been the best thing in terms of learning that has happened to me in a long time.

Regards,

Gus

To everyone!

I would echo that, even though I have only been on this forum for a week!

Ian

?

Quote by Philippe View Post
    Hi Dimas,
    Agree with you Dimas, you have perfectly summed up the Soviet militaria ... and many collectors think that this is an easy subject and that the parts are plentiful !!!!!!
    Philippe
    Because most of them has a couple of fakes and postwar re-dated stuff, bought very cheap. I will call this stuff as are-enactors stuff- which cannot be valuable anyway.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

why not leatherette pistol holster for WW2 ? THe Anton Shalito book .RKKA1918-45 shows a ' Kersavoi ' holster for the Nagant revolver on page 184 and calls it 1940 patt ! The Red Army substtuted leatherette shanks for ORs boots at this time ,so why not holsters ?
    Certainly Phillipes is old ,not like the World wide arms freebees you get with the handgun you buy !
    Anyhow Brilliant equipment ,very hard to find in Russia today ,My collector Re enactor mates in St Petersburg would be drooling !
    Real hard to find the German styled Soviet pot ,too especially painted . See dog ups from Karelia which are winter war and probably never painted .
    Best Wishes ,Rob

?

Quote by Rob truscott View Post
    why not leatherette pistol holster for WW2 ? THe Anton Shalito book .RKKA1918-45 shows a ' Kersavoi ' holster for the Nagant revolver on page 184 and calls it 1940 patt ! The Red Army substtuted leatherette shanks for ORs boots at this time ,so why not holsters ?
    Certainly Phillipes is old ,not like the World wide arms freebees you get with the handgun you buy !
    Anyhow Brilliant equipment ,very hard to find in Russia today ,My collector Re enactor mates in St Petersburg would be drooling !
    Real hard to find the German styled Soviet pot ,too especially painted . See dog ups from Karelia which are winter war and probably never painted .
    Best Wishes ,Rob
    The same book page 191 pos 4,5 is both M36, page 193 pos2, any questions about tally- 1980's
    page 114. fantasy
    There is some of the kirsa holsters exists, but they looks like that

Regards,
    Dimas

?

The dark brown laqued like leather parts and the cut methodics is a circa 60's
    Regards,
    Dimas

Point Taken Dimas . I shouldnt believe all you see in Books , Sadly this is still the Main Red Army reference we have and the text is difficult ! Back to TT Holster ,i dont see why it shouldnt be ww2 . Also the Document cases go back to Wartime in Kersa , usually termed as NCO types . Perhaps the Holsters in Kersa are more usual for Ncos ?
    Best wishes ,Robert
    Robert Truscott

Heres a composite leatherette (Kerzavoi) document case i have stamped 1940 i got in a St Petersburg Flea market. The outer securing tab is i think a replacement .The brown shade is like on Phillipes holster ,the flash photo shows up dark . These are upgraded postwar with more complex pocket configerations .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soviet equipment found in France   Soviet equipment found in France  

Attached Images Attached Images Soviet equipment found in France  Soviet equipment found in France 

Quote by Rob truscott View Post
    Sadly, this is still the Main Red Army reference

What "Main Red Army reference" are you referring to Rob?
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast