Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Soviet tea mug help

Article about: Hi everyone, I need your expert opinions on these. I recently acquired a number of what I was told are original Soviet WW2 tea mugs. Only one of them is marked on the bottom and the other tw

Default Soviet tea mug help

Hi everyone,

I need your expert opinions on these. I recently acquired a number of what I was told are original Soviet WW2 tea mugs. Only one of them is marked on the bottom and the other two are unmarked. the one on the right looks to be in mint condition, so I would guess it might be a modern reproduction or perhaps something that was nicked from an old picnic basket. Also, I enclosed what I was told was either a soldiers shaving bowl or soup bowl. It's a decent size, so I would have to guess it's a soup bowl, but I'm unsure of the vintage or even if it is a military item. The fellow I got it from told me he found it in his grandfather's house in the Ukraine that was occupied during the war by Soviet troops, but that doesn't mean they would have left such pristine soup bowls behind. Anyway, if the cups and bowl turn out to be fakes or otherwise, I won't be terribly upset, I didn't pay all that much for them and they can be used for reenacting. Your thoughts?

Many thanks!
    Tim D
    Soviet tea mug help
    Soviet tea mug help
    Soviet tea mug help
    Soviet tea mug help
    Soviet tea mug help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soviet tea mug help
    P
    Many

Default Re: Soviet tea mug help

Hi Tim, these are modern IMO and are still made today in Russia. We bought green/white mugs out of Russia, brand new, just like the wartime issue ones for a couple of £'s..

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks Ade! So I take it these are passable for living history purposes then? I suspected they might have been post war. What do you make of the markings on the bottom? Never seen that before.......

Hi Tim, they will do fine.

Not seen that particular mark before, not that that means much though.

I have seen some with Leningrad makers marks, like those seen in the post war M40 helmets.

Cheers, Ade.