Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Soviet y-strap ?

Article about: Guys could please tell me what exacly are those straps ? Looks like soviet Y-straps excepte the fact that are bit shortened and made of canvas ( similar to cloth used to make gasmask bags or

Default Soviet y-strap ?

Guys could please tell me what exacly are those straps ? Looks like soviet Y-straps excepte the fact that are bit shortened and made of canvas ( similar to cloth used to make gasmask bags or ammo bags ) instead of webbing. Did anyone of you met with this kind of Y-straps made in this particular way ? Are those factorySoviet y-strap ?Soviet y-strap ?Soviet y-strap ?Soviet y-strap ? of field made ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soviet y-strap ?
    P
    Many

Y-straps are still a great unknown. These appear to have started life as Vesch-Meshok Straps.

Now I know why these straps looks so familiar to me ( thought that I have seen them somewhere ). Does it look like strap from wartime or postwar meshok ?

Quote by Litzmannstadt View Post
    Now I know why these straps looks so familiar to me ( thought that I have seen them somewhere ). Does it look like strap from wartime or postwar meshok ?
    I agree, make me think of meshok strap.

Maybe I'm wrong, but the "war" and "postwar" "veshmeshoks" have other straps.
    I'm not an "expert", this is just my opinion )

I think if you look closely, you can see the old stitch lines where this was once sewn to something else. the Meshok "straps" are just one continuous length that is sewn to the bag at the ends . I think these stand good chance to be modified Meshok strap, but postwar versus wartime could be impossible. Some variations of postwar Meshok are identical to wartime.

Maybe, "self-made" modification?
    I looked at a lot of Meshok photos, but did not see anything like.

Agree with the other members, Meshok straps modified to be a Y-strap. The seams and thread color seems to be postwar. This is a hard to find equipment, which would explain the manufacturing ....
    Authentic examples Y-strap :
    PKKA web y-straps.

On some Meshok, additional straps are not sewn to the main strap and can just be slipped off. These Y straps seem to be made from the main strap like this...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soviet y-strap ?