Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

SVT 40 ammo pouch

Article about: Hallo, I have recently bought this ammo pouch. What do you think about it? Paul

Default SVT 40 ammo pouch

Hallo,

I have recently bought this ammo pouch. What do you think about it?

Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SVT 40 ammo pouch   SVT 40 ammo pouch  

SVT 40 ammo pouch   SVT 40 ammo pouch  

SVT 40 ammo pouch   SVT 40 ammo pouch  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SVT 40 ammo pouch
    P
    Many

Default Re: SVT 40 ammo pouch

Hi Paul, The stitching looks good and the leather looks good. It was made to carry two full SVT-40 magazines. The only thing I don't like is the pieced look on the body side where the divider is attached. Also, the repros and latter pouches were strengthened with rivets. The holes on the top and bottom of the belt loops, make me believe that maybe someone removed the rivets to make it look older than it really is. I'm sure they were cutting leather and making these as fast as they could so that may not be a problem. Still a nice magazine pouch even if it's post war.

Jay

Default Re: SVT 40 ammo pouch

This is actually a universal pouch... as stated it can hold two loaded SVT Mags with the long divider between the two.

If you push the long divider to the front and fold out the short divider sewn to the rear inside wall so that it divides the pouch into two compartments across the width, it will hold four loaded stripper blocks of MN rifle ammo.

Old thread but I found a pouch of identical pattern to this in one of my storage boxes. It is made from thin leather, appears to be pig skin. The belt straps are attached with pieces on the line of staples with a metal reinforcement on the inside. I will try to post photos later.

Finding all sorts of small treasures I had forgotten about in that box, it probably hasn't been opened in over ten years. The best find so far to me has been an original mint condition wartime dated pilotka.