Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Tokarev Holster

Article about: Hello, I have this holster for my Tokarev TT30. Its made from artificial leather canvas. Is it Soviet, and is it likely to be wartime? Many thanks, Doug

Cherkassy
    ?

Hi!
    It is post-war holster, there are two important differences between war and post war holsters: holster clasp should be straight on one edge and not a teardrop form, and another side of clasp must have square form - it is wartime holster.
    On photos on the top we can see an universal holster tt/nagan that made after war.
    Also there is difference in material, but it is a another large theme))

2. # ADS

Quote by Cherkassy View Post
    Hi!
    It is post-war holster, there are two important differences between war and post war holsters: holster clasp should be straight on one edge and not a teardrop form, and another side of clasp must have square form - it is wartime holster.
    On photos on the top we can see an universal holster tt/nagan that made after war.
    Also there is difference in material, but it is a another large theme))
    That is a very important information. Cherkassy, could you provide us with photo for reference, showing wartime example? Without that, it could be difficult to understand the idea...

?

Quote by Tomasz70 View Post
    That is a very important information. Cherkassy, could you provide us with photo for reference, showing wartime example? Without that, it could be difficult to understand the idea...
    I think what he may mean is that the end of the closing strap on the back of a war time holster is cut square across were as on post war holsters the cut is to a point. And the cut of the strap in the front of a post war holster has a tear/pointed shape to it whereas war time is not so much like the tear shape.
    If you check out some photos of war time and post war holsters, you can see this. Here's one of my 1941 TT-33 dated holster and a 1941 dated universal one that show these strap cuts. Ray
    Tokarev HolsterTokarev HolsterTokarev HolsterTokarev Holster
    Last edited by RayG; 06-23-2014 at 06:09 PM.

?

Found another prewar universal holster. Note the strap ends on it and the straps on a typical post war one, Ray
    Tokarev HolsterTokarev Holster
    Tokarev Holster
    Last edited by RayG; 06-23-2014 at 06:11 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2