Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Tokarev Lanyard, WWII?

Article about: Hi, I have this lanyard that I believe is for a TT-33 Tokarev. Anyone know if it is WWII vintage and what it is it for? I got it with a bunch of post war Soviet Tokarev lanyards but it is a

partisan42
    ?

Default Tokarev Lanyard, WWII?

Hi,

I have this lanyard that I believe is for a TT-33 Tokarev. Anyone know if it is WWII vintage and what it is it for? I got it with a bunch of post war Soviet Tokarev lanyards but it is a bit different (stitched instead of riveted). Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tokarev Lanyard, WWII?   Tokarev Lanyard, WWII?  

2. # ADS

partisan42
    ?

Default Re: Tokarev Lanyard, WWII?

Anybody?

Hi Matt, I can't give you anything definitive, but if you go to Collecting and Shooting the Military Surplus Rifle (2006) - Surplusrifle.com, put in TT33, and you can see what most of the WWII Era lanyards looked like, the round kind. The one you have pictured looks like it might be something that was hand made in the field. The width of the leather where it attaches to the clip is only about half as wide as the width of the clip. That's probably why it's stitched instead of riveted. I have a TT30. Fun gun. By the way, I love your screen name "partisan 42". Hope someone with more info pops up.

partisan42
    ?

Hi,

Thanks for your help. Great website, I have used it very often for disassembly instructions. The lanyard pictured appears to be a woven cord, which I agree is quite different than mine. The one I have looks almost exactly like the post war lanyards with the exception of the stitching replacing the rivet. Could be a field fix but it does not feel like it to me. Thanks again for your help.