MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

TP-8 periscope

Article about: This is a TP-8 periscope which is, as the name suggests a x8 power observers periscope which went into production after the ubiquitous TP-4. However, this one appears to be dated 1945, but t

Default TP-8 periscope

This is a TP-8 periscope which is, as the name suggests a x8 power observers periscope which went into production after the ubiquitous TP-4. However, this one appears to be dated 1945, but this would seem to be VERY early (first year?) for this model as the earliest reference I can find for this model is a mosin/scout/sniper manual from the 1960s. Does anybody have the date of production for these?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement TP-8 periscope
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: TP-8 periscope

Off topic, but nice KLMK camo

Regards, Lars

Quote by Datrus View Post
    Off topic, but nice KLMK camo

Regards, Lars
    indeed, but not a good scene, picture is from Beslan.

?

Ahh that's why he is wearing it. I am not sure they use it any more

Well at least i helped bumping the thread

Regards, Lars

Another angle.

This is a periscope made in Romania by IOR (Institutul de optica romana). The sigla (that little lens design) is the official trademark of IOR. If this was russian made it would have a sickle and a hammer on it. I think.

Quote by pacpacbumbum View Post
    This is a periscope made in Romania by IOR (Institutul de optica romana). The sigla (that little lens design) is the official trademark of IOR. If this was russian made it would have a sickle and a hammer on it. I think.
    You are incorrect, this is the same soviet factory which produced TP-4 periscopes and used this same factory marking from about 1942-1948. It was one of two soviet factories that made TP-4 (the other was the former NKVD controlled plant) in 1939 to 1942 this plant did use a large elaborate banner marketing which included the hammer and sickle, in 1942 and later it was switched to this simple design, I have several, including wartime examples of soviet production using this symbol, it continued in use after the war. This is soviet production
    Last edited by meyerse; 04-08-2013 at 08:26 PM.

Here is the two versions of the banner from the Zagorsk factory (ZOMZ) as applied to the TP-4

you can see the early and late used symbol here as used on cammeras
    Soviet Factory Logos - Camerapedia

the IOR symbol of the Romanian manufacture has a CURVED BOTTOM and the name in the symbol, the TP-8 is a soviet production item (as a matter of fact I know of no other country which produced this model unlike the TP-4 which was refurbished (soviet) and original production in Poland.

- - Updated - -

Now can somebody help me with the date range for Soviet TP-8 production?

bump to the top for a date range for production of TP-8 soviet periscopes.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast