Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Trench binoculars

Article about: I have several trench periscopes (simple periscopes for scouts and snipers known as TP-4), but I saw this trench binocular and decided to pick it up. What attracted me was the fact that it l

Default Trench binoculars

I have several trench periscopes (simple periscopes for scouts and snipers known as TP-4), but I saw this trench binocular and decided to pick it up.

What attracted me was the fact that it looks like it has not been refurbished. It has no refurbishment marks and the original Kransnogorsk 1940 makers mark looks very original. Because the Soviets refurbed about everything, that means this is probably one of the set sold by Finland and likely captured during the winter war. The box looks homemade, but the longer straps look like Mosin Rifle slings! No idea where the grey spraypaint comes from either. Does anybody have detailed pictures of a full set up? I know I'm missing the base (360 rule) and the tripod, but how it attaches, etc? Any comments or information would be most appreciated. A period photo of a set in use would be fantastic!

Attachment 384874Attachment 384875Attachment 384876

- - Updated - -

Pictures of the box

Attachment 384877Attachment 384878Attachment 384879Attachment 384880Attachment 384881
    Last edited by meyerse; 08-19-2012 at 03:15 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Trench binoculars
    P
    Many

Default Re: Trench binoculars

Can anybody provide extra pictures, details or even a source for the base (and tripod) which are original soviet? I'm looking for detailed pictures or use in action or source for parts. Thanks! There seems to be a mid-war model change in design, will a later base work with an earlier binocular set? Anybody?

Hi,
    Here are photos of my trench binoculars. In the painting, there are the year of manufacture 1944.
    I attached pictures of the tripod and carry case. There is no date on the tripod.
    I also attached a photo recovery or I put the binoculars in Trench situation.
    If you want more photos or details, tell me.
    The photos :
    Trench binoculars
    Trench binoculars
    Trench binoculars
    Trench binoculars
    Trench binoculars
    Trench binoculars
    Trench binoculars
    Trench binoculars
    Trench binoculars
    Trench binoculars
    Trench binoculars
    Regards.
    Philippe

Excellent, thank you. I will keep these in reference. I think your binoculars are a later version (not the same design as the ones I've posted) but I wonder if the attaching base is any different? Your set appear to have been refurbished?

Hi,
    I also think my binoculars Trench was repackaged as the markings are below a thick layer of paint. For the tripod, it has a coat of paint.
    The model I have is later, but the attaching base must be the same for both models.
    The color of yours is correct, but I think the gray camouflage is not Soviet.
    Regards.
    Philippe